TCCoA Forums banner

Getting a dyno tune.....>

5K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Nativedetroiter 
#1 ·
Well, dropped my car off today to Lidio at Alternative Auto for him to dyno tune it. I should get it back later this week along with an Xcal 3. Hopefully all will go well and I can post some numbers and a dyno chart later this week !! I'll keep ya posted.

Jon P.

#3 ·
Let Roger know how much and details since his need's to be done.

#7 ·
sorry, no recent pics and I'm not sure where the SD card is with all my pictures. I remember you from way back at a car show at Russ Milne Ford !! I had the blue 96 tbird if you remember back that far......lol I think I still have pics of that meet too somewhere.

#9 ·
Roger see how his turns out and then we can decide on where to take yours too!!

#10 ·
Roger you don't need to start saving........you just gotta get to that economic stimulus check before your wife does. :D

#11 ·
Well, got my car back today and it drives like a totally different car now. Idle and shifting are all fixed up and it feel and sounds great. My horsepower numbers were lower that I had hoped for but that's all right. Final numbers were 275.9 peak HP and 301.4 torque. I don't have a scanner so I might have to try taking a pic of the dyno chart to post here.

Later,
JP

#15 ·
yup, that's my car. Not sure if I was at the Milan meet but if you know what the date was I can look through my time slips and see. I've got the time slips from almost every pass my car has made. LOL Most likely I was there though if it was a TCCoA thing. Now that I have the tune I've gotta work on getting a new set of drag radials and hit the track again !!

#17 ·
Nice numbers Jon.......
Lidio is expensive I have already been through the motions 2 times!

One tune when I was N/A and the second with the blower.
Lidio's new facility is top notch!

Its expensive but what good is all those performance parts if they are not in tune?? Thier is always those little gremlins that nag you, Ya the car runs but now it really runs and is drivable with a little of his magic.

I know I do not need to preach his work to you or Jurgen now that you guy's finally listened to me!!!:D

Man that pic stinger had from Milne is old... My bird was pretty much stock then.:eek:

Steve 4.6L

#18 ·
just wondering what is lidio's price if it's just for dynotune?

#19 ·
Hey Steve if you get a chance can you pm me his info I'm getting sick and tired of the guy I was dealing with. Right now my transmission is goofed up a bit when I drive it in drive it feels like its in third. When I manually shift it it takes off like a bat outta hell!

#20 ·
Casper......the price I got was $550 for the dyno tuning with an SCT chip but I paid an extra $150 to get the Xcal 3 instead of just a chip. My total was $700 for the custom dyno tuning, the Xcal 3, and a custom "valet" tune that I wanted just in case I need to have someone work on my car.........that way they can't beat on it or over rev it. LOL

Dennis.......I don't know the number off hand to his new shop but you can get the info you need from their web site. www.alternativeauto.com

#21 ·
Sorry Dennis I am alway's a little late at posting.....:eek:

Jon P. pretty much sum's it up just check out the web site his new shop is TOP NOTCH!!!!

As most of you guy's know I do not post much.

Dennis when you get your car how you want it then take it to Lidio,
this will save you from future tunes which will cost $$$ every time you pay him a visit with a little bolt on.

Dennis did you ever hit the NOS yet? last time I saw your car NOS was prepped but never shot that how long it's been since I talked to you last!!!

Steve 4.6L

#22 ·
Nope never sprayed it. except for when the other tuner tuned it on the dyno. I have the car done exactly how I want it but problem I have is that the transmission is shifting way too fast. Im getting into 2nd gear as soon as I hit the gas and third gear just as fast. Manually shifting it is fine but I shouldnt have to manually shift an automatic. I do have a minor oil leak which im trying to trace now with oil dye and a uv light but I can't find the dye????
Also I got ahold of Lidio and June 18th im taking the cougar to his shop.

#23 ·
Dennis,

I am pretty sure Lidio can fix your tranny shifting problem. He can access the powertrain PCM and reflash it to shift at any RPM. This was done to my car due to the high stall and 3.73 ratio. My car acted very similar to yours, it upshifted very fast and robbed me of any power. He told me it was a combo of the gear and stall that the stock PCM will not adjust to. I gurantee that after you leave his shop on the 18th your car will run flawless and you would have wished you went sooner!

He can also set up a flip chip similar to what Jon P. has. This will be a tune for the NOS or N/A driving. When your ready to spray flip, when your cruising N/A flip back.

let me know how it turns out !!

Steve 4.6L

#24 ·
blah I figured out the shift problem (me big dummy) the switch for chip has 3 positions 1 n/a 1 nos and 1 was just there. It was on the wrong position so it runs good again but im still going to Lidio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.