Cluster Light Problem! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
V6 Bird

Send a message via AIM to 97Thunderbird06 Send a message via MSN to 97Thunderbird06 Send a message via Yahoo to 97Thunderbird06
Cluster Light Problem!

Ok this is the weirdest thing that has happend to me, when i put my car in park from drive my cluster lights shut off without me even clicking the switch off, then when i put it back in drive from park with the light off, and then click the switch on they dont turn on unless i put the car in park then turn them on and they will come on and stay on til i go to put the car in park again. i need to know what is causeing this. I have replace the fuse for the interior light twice this month, something is going on...need some help...please!

thanks,

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to T-bird_fan
Short circuit it sounds like. Check your wiring harness.

J-Mod, MMC D/S, 24k gvw Tranny Cooler, Mark VIII TC,13” KVR Frt brakes, FRPP 3.73 rear, PI cams & Intake plus P&P NPI heads with the cooling mod, 1 3/8" Rr swaybar.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 PM
PostWhore

Did you get your transmission fixed?

-=James
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8
SCT Tuned by Amercian Motorsport, Mustang PBR, FRPP 3.73 gears, Modified Trak-Lok, Steeda UDP, K&N Panel, 1990 SC Seats, 2.5" Single Exhaust/Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S +, Windstar wheels, RichardM Intake, Kenwood KDC-HD552U HD Radio, 2800 stall DirtyDog Marauder TC, J-MOD, 2002 Grand Marquis transmission, DynoTech Driveshaft, AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Griffin Super High Capacity Radiator, 180* Thermostat, Cobra steering wheel, 6000K HID, Clear Corners Getting a makeover Spring 2015

http://www.fordthunderbird.net - For Pics and more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
V6 Bird

Send a message via AIM to 97Thunderbird06 Send a message via MSN to 97Thunderbird06 Send a message via Yahoo to 97Thunderbird06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometGSR View Post
Did you get your transmission fixed?
yeah i got it fixed twice, the first time i bought a trans from a local guy on the forum, and got screwed on that, so then i took it to my friends dad who has his own trans shop, and he got me a fully rebuilt trans and also a brand new torque converter for 350 but the second time around it ended up costing me 750, so total that i have put in the trans swap has cost me 1300 dollars i am 300 over what i paid for the car just in trans work...it sucks cause my o/d light is still flashing after all of this crap...i am about to sell it you interested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in