Native to the "D" - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Talking Native to the "D"

That's me... LOL. Hey fine fellows. Thought I would drop a line to say hello. I know it has been awhile, but for some strange reason, somehow my I.P address is blocked from getting on the boards. Ok.... Don't want me to be here?

Other than that. I am on Facebook more often that not. To give you guys and gals a great update. The family and I are in Japan now, arrived effortlessly on March 7th, we received our housing on base, which is really nice, and have been getting everything setup prior to my first deployment on the USS George Washington.

My Birds are resting comfortably and being babysat by Quikcat... they are in good hands.

My wife found a red 95 T-bird at a shopping center parking garage here the other day, it was longer than the spot. Has a good chuckle over that.

Other than that, I am working on the flight Deck, its awesome for me. Haven't done any flight Ops as of yet. But doing good none the less.

You guys be safe out there, enjoy the ride and don't do anything that I wouldn't.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM

HI ND,
I'm just an occasional poster but saw your entry and wanted to say thanks for your service to our USA!
Good luck in Japan
quixman
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 95xbird Send a message via MSN to 95xbird
WTF Roger!!!!!! Come back! Damnit! How Long ya gonna be out for? Glad to hear you and the Family made it there safe.

04 PI swap,SVO Supercharger 8-9 psi,Alcohol injection,39lbs Cobra injectors,XCal2-Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump,4.10 T-Lok,2003 4R70W built to withstand by RobertP,450hp JMOD,3800 circleD stall,trucool 4739 Trans Cooler,Dynotech 3.5 Driveshaft,70mm T/B,SCP Cold Air Intake,90mm LMAF,JBA headers,Magnaflow Midmount,No cats with 3inch piping,Vogtland 1.6inch drop,Cobra R's and xenon body kit.

Its slow, Really.
LS1 KILLER
1995 svo Tbird. R.I.P.
Parts FOR SALE http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132585
96 Pearl white bird. Awaiting transplants from the 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Sorry Dude. Won't be back for a little while, unless its to come home for leave. I have orders here for 3 years. I appreciate all your guys support!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Wow! 3 years. You'll be ready to retire after that. You lifer, you...

Glad to hear you and the family are safely in Japan. Tell them, and especially my little buddy "cracker crumb", that the Trunk Monkey said hello!

Happy sailing!

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 04:10 PM
4th Gear Poster

Hey ND, where you at? Tokyo, Okinawa? I was staying in Atsugi for work last time I went, if you are anywhere there, which is Southwest Tokyo, I will try to look you up if I get to go again whilst you are there.

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

1997 T-BIRD LX 116,xxx miles--- Lost Due to a Divorce!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 04:39 PM
PostWhore

Nice to see you on the boards.

-=James
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8
SCT Tuned by Amercian Motorsport, Mustang PBR, FRPP 3.73 gears, Modified Trak-Lok, Steeda UDP, K&N Panel, 1990 SC Seats, 2.5" Single Exhaust/Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S +, Windstar wheels, RichardM Intake, Kenwood KDC-HD552U HD Radio, 2800 stall DirtyDog Marauder TC, J-MOD, 2002 Grand Marquis transmission, DynoTech Driveshaft, AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Griffin Super High Capacity Radiator, 180* Thermostat, Cobra steering wheel, 6000K HID, Clear Corners Getting a makeover Spring 2015

http://www.fordthunderbird.net - For Pics and more!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Listening on 141.850 mHz!

Hola from me too! Have some Yakiniku Beef and some gyoza in my name! 3 years? Hurry back man!

Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L Cobra V8
1997 Thunderbird Limited Edition 4.6L V8 - gone.
Might be a 2005-2007 Jaguar XJ-8 L in my future.

[email protected]
Westland, Michigan - but I'm from central New Jersey!
http://www.hoodliners.net - My hoodliners I make!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Rob, I am not far from Atsugi. I am in Yokosuka, which if you take route 16 south, you would run into me. ... .. .

Already got my fill of some Yakiniku...great stuff..... oh man, you guys make me hungry.

We are presently out to sea, I am going off of some slow internet. We are flying; had a great day of flight operations. You guys will be glad to know the G.W is fully operational.... We are the new Death Star!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 05:19 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to T-bird_fan
Well make sure you don't surf the jet wash over the side.

J-Mod, MMC D/S, 24k gvw Tranny Cooler, Mark VIII TC,13” KVR Frt brakes, FRPP 3.73 rear, PI cams & Intake plus P&P NPI heads with the cooling mod, 1 3/8" Rr swaybar.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Dave, Won't be doing any Surfing of Jet wash... Those EA-6B's can be a real delight though.

I am having so much fun right now, better than flying that desk I had out in Detroit, although If I could do this in Detroit, I would.

The weather is sunny and bright, Pilots are getting thier refresher or first time on a carrier, and they are doing great. Nothing better than watching a plane in the glide slope coming in on the Number 3 wire; catching it, going from 140 mph to 0 in about 200ft. Then bring it out of the Landing area, guiding it back to the Catapult to shoot them and watch them fly around and do it all again. The ship is alive once more, sailors from all over have flooded every space on the ship. There are many sailors on here from Michigan, many from a stones throw from the same areas we all are from. Detroit is represented; Riverview, Roseville, Walled Lake, Hamtramck, Novi, Warren (CO). Very good mix, This is actually the first time I have had so many people from the same area I am from. Good to see and talk to these people.

We are going to start qualifying for Blue water operations, what that means is that we don't need an airfield to support us, in case of emergency or for gas. We can be fully independent and take ourselves where ever the good people need us.

I am glad that I can share this with you guys. Too many times I have met you all and tried to explain what exactly I do. This is the best way I can do it. Hopefully I describe it fully for you.

Oh, Since Wilkipedia is a great source of information, on Wiki look up Aviation Boatswains Mate (Handler) and that is what I do... Ook. So tatta for now... See you down the road. Until next time......

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I am back inport now. Going to stay for a litttle bit. Don't know what the future brings. Doesn't lookl like anyone found my inputs too interesting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in