Anybody have interesting projects planned? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Anybody have interesting projects planned?

The salt and winter has finally came. I am sure a lot of us have our cars put away. Anyone have any plans for fixing or modding? The only thing I have is a Griffin Radiator, 160 degree thermostat and some hoses. Nothing too exciting! How about you guys?

-=James
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8
SCT Tuned by Amercian Motorsport, Mustang PBR, FRPP 3.73 gears, Modified Trak-Lok, Steeda UDP, K&N Panel, 1990 SC Seats, 2.5" Single Exhaust/Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S +, Windstar wheels, RichardM Intake, Kenwood KDC-HD552U HD Radio, 2800 stall DirtyDog Marauder TC, J-MOD, 2002 Grand Marquis transmission, DynoTech Driveshaft, AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Griffin Super High Capacity Radiator, 180* Thermostat, Cobra steering wheel, 6000K HID, Clear Corners Getting a makeover Spring 2015

http://www.fordthunderbird.net - For Pics and more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
A 160° T-Stat? There's no point in that. I wouldn't go lower than 170°. What's your reasoning for going so cool?

As far as mods, Rob still needs to get my Mark VIII LCA's on the car with the DLF bushings. Chung is continuing to touch up the paint and I'm still working on getting the door handles switched over to the '97 style.

For next year, I want to get some of my rims widened to 10" from their current 9". I'm definitely going to need as much traction as I can find.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Its a typo, I ment 180*

10" wide rims... Wow! Makes my 6" ones look like 10 speed bike tires!

-=James
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8
SCT Tuned by Amercian Motorsport, Mustang PBR, FRPP 3.73 gears, Modified Trak-Lok, Steeda UDP, K&N Panel, 1990 SC Seats, 2.5" Single Exhaust/Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S +, Windstar wheels, RichardM Intake, Kenwood KDC-HD552U HD Radio, 2800 stall DirtyDog Marauder TC, J-MOD, 2002 Grand Marquis transmission, DynoTech Driveshaft, AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Griffin Super High Capacity Radiator, 180* Thermostat, Cobra steering wheel, 6000K HID, Clear Corners Getting a makeover Spring 2015

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Voice/Data Guru

Spend no money on it next year .

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChecken View Post
Spend no money on it next year .
LOL

I'm in the same boat Darren. I've spent a fortune on it this year.

Time to replenish the savings account.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

In that same boat too. The Griffin is the most expensive thing I am buying next year.

You guys in NC seem to have it all together. The very best Birds and Cats are from NC.

-=James
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
Virgina is a close contender. EECDOC, Blown38 and Nickleman all reside there. But yea, for sheer volume of fast Tbirds NC can't be touched.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I neglected the bird this year, fixed my teeth, and bought furnature...it needs tires, brakes, paint, etc...probably gonna keep putting bandages on the issues for another year, take care of other aspects of my life, get a house with a garage then pick up a newer DD at that point I'll restore the bird.

2015 Mustang GT Premium / Manual / 3.55 / Recaro
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Fixing teeth and buying furnature are worthy causes. Its not all about the Bird for me. I throw some extra money at it and have fun.

-=James
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Hood, wheels, paint

Dyno Ratt
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 AM
PostWhore

SC bars, PBR's , Cobra rear shocks, drop springs

Jason H.
Mods:
Exterior- Paint, grill, trim, SHO wheels
Power train- 4.6 cat back w/ muffler delete 2"I.D. tips , Taylor Pro Series plug wires, intake silencer delete

Photographs http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/jh...?sort=4&page=1
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Um.... I've got myself a little to-do list going here...

This winter:
Modular head shop ported PI stage 2 heads
Bullet stage 2P cams
Braincoating severely ported and ceramic coated exhaust manifolds
Custom tune by me
Re-cover the fold down seat to match the 96/97 interior
New tires for the rear
New motor mounts, heater hoses, and radiator hoses
New wiper transmission bushings
FR500 steering wheel

Next winter:
Redo all brake lines, upgrade to stainless braided hoses
Wire wheel and reapply POR-15 to the underside, K member and IRS subframe

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
1st Gear Poster

I'm doing a frame off resto of my 1982 Suzuki GS750T motorcycle.
Mostly just paint, powder coating and polishing.
As far as the engine it is very low miles, but still 30 years old so it will get all new OEM gaskets, valve seals, rings and a hone.
Might go with a 4 into 1 header and pipe if I can find something new and not too expensive.
I have the same as an early Katana engine in my bike so any mint sets of pipes I find are usually very high priced.

As far as my new to me $200 97 T-bird, I got it inspected at the Ford dealership, and it passed a safety, without any work at all. The mechanic said it has been well taken care of, and one of the techs offered me $1000 for it. Lol, I would never sell though.

Only things I have planned for it over the winter is snow tires, pads n rotors and the oil filter adapter gasket. Plus fluids, filters and lube.

In the summer though, once I'm riding my bike I hope and dream to install:
MHS stage 2 PI head and cams
ported PI intake
ported exhaust manifold
trubendz stainless 2.5" with an H, hi-flow cats and borla cans
80mm MAF, 75mm TB
3.73 TL
Tru Cool
Rims and tires
and of course a dyno tune.
EDIT: Forgot to add, a higher stall TC and Aluminum DS

My goal being a N/A 300RWHP daily driver.

I have some parts already, and with tax season in February I will have a $4k - $5k budget.
I have a large 2 car garage with a pit, and tools so I'll be doing the work myself.
With the help of my Ford Mechanic roommate, hehe.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Can you port a PI intake?

I'm installing my new torque converter, new door hinges, my super 44 flows, and hopefully if funds allow my 3.73 gear. I keep hearing I will be able to run the gear without the tune and since I already have a tune with the speed limiter removed I won't have any problems doing over 90mph.

-Patrick
[email protected] on used street tires
See profile for full list of mods

Pics here.. http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=129479

Last edited by Tbird1997; 12-03-2012 at 02:46 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Poster

I suppose it can be done, MHS sells one. More like a port match I guess.
I'm still in very early planning stages so more research will be done for sure.
I found a receipt while cleaning my car for new door pins and bushings, dated within a month of when the previous owner parked it. BONUS.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
-Install Mach 1 motor
-Make it fit

-Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in