Cats - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Cats

So who all in here has their cats removed?

I took my car back to the place that originally did my exhaust, and they said with the OBD2 systems, that even a chip wouldn't prevent the engine from being messed up.
Either he's really smart, or takes other peoples' words too seriously.

So they refuse to get rid of my cats.

Where else can I get this done?

How much $ ?

I am in SE MI.....10 minutes North of the Airport

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 05:40 PM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
no you can get it done, you would either need a chip/tune, or mil eliminators to get rid of the check engine light because the cats wouldnt be cleaning efficiently.

but another reason he probably doesnt want to do it, if he ever got caught there is huge huge fines to go with it.

but one place that will do it, is called PF&E, over here in mt clemens i think.

Performance fabrication and engineering, just search the yellow pages.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 06:53 AM

I have mine removed. I had them taken out when I had the exhaust done a year and a half ago. I think I paid $350, at SureStop on Middlebelt and Warren. Like RED said it will cause a check engine light. I put tape over it before, but when I quit Jiffy Lube I snagged the obd2 scanner and know when it comes on I reset it. If you get MIL eliminators don't go to ramchargers they didn't work on my car. I know Livernois Motorsports has them for $60 but I haven't bought them yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Listening on 141.850 mHz!

What would be a ballpark figure for getting this exhaust work done? I'm thinking of deleting the cats, and getting pipe from the manifolds all the way back into 2 40-series Flowmasters, and of course the mil eliminators. And someone told me that the largest pipe I can get in there is 2.25 instead of 2.5! Is that true??

What model number of Flowmasters should I get and from where? I really want that "growl" but I don't want to pay top-dollar at "Scamchargers" in Livonia!

Thanks!

Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 4.6L Cobra V8
1997 Thunderbird Limited Edition 4.6L V8 - gone.
Might be a 2005-2007 Jaguar XJ-8 L in my future.

[email protected]
Westland, Michigan - but I'm from central New Jersey!
http://www.hoodliners.net - My hoodliners I make!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:45 AM

Well I'd say around $350. Where about in Westland are you? SureStop on Middlebelt and Warren Is where I had mine done. I used the older style 40 series and I like the sound. If you go to Surestop there is a guy named Vaughn he is great at bending exhaust and he won't steer you wrong.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:48 AM

I'm at Cherry Hill Rd just east of Wayne Rd. The shop I was talking to is Top Value Muffler in Wayne Rd south of Michigan Ave. He quoted me $700-750 for what I wanted but that was with hi-flow cats. If I can go with NO cats and the mil eliminators so it won't run rich then I'll do that! I still need to know what Flowmasters I'll need but I guess I'll find that out when I talk to the muffler shop guy again or go see Vaughn!

Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"

[email protected]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Gonzalo Duque-
I am veerrryy close to you- I am at Ford Road and Morton Taylor (about 2 miles west of 275). I had mine done at Mr.Muffler on Lilley and Joy for $283- That included Labor, Pipe, and tips. They got rid of the 3rd cat, ran 2.25" true duals with no cross over. They won't cut he cats off tho. Your best bet is to buy the Mufflers online, and take them to a shop. Also, buy stainless Steel tips online....it will save you a lot of money. If you want your cats off by the same person doing the rest of the exhaust...your best bet is to go to a smaller, 'family ran' exhaust shop. Or, to a performance- off road shop, where they can say that the exhaust was for off road use only.

Well, let me know if you find a place.....I'm still bumming around too.

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Dave's Muffler on Michigan Ave. in Wayne said he would do my cats.
He quoted me at most at $150, because he said it will probably take some labor to do it. He said he'd run the pipe straight to the engine, make sure everything is perfect. He could tell who did my exhaust by the way it was done, and found things wrong with it....he knows a LOT about what he does......I recommend him.
Let me know if you find it cheaper.

Teksid 2v plans?!?!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 03:00 PM

Hey let me know your results at Dave's Muffler! I'm wanting to get mine done but with 2.5 pipes all throughout, stainless tips too! I also need to know what model number of Flowmasters to get!

Thanks!

Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in