Sux to be me - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Sux to be me

As the title says... A coupl of weeks ago, I ripped my Achilles tendon almost in half.
On my right foot. I'm out for the rest of the summer at least. Imight be able to go to the mn12 nats in September, but I don't know yet. I already took my rims off because it doesn't make sense to sit the chrome. I'd rather just keep them in the garage...
Wasting away in the garage...again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

what size are the rims in the pic that your sig links too?? they look incredably big....hope ya feel better man

95 LSC- Mods: 2.5 dual exhaust, 3.73s, 17x9 cobra R Rims, SCT dyno tune, MM driveshaft, 249 rwhp/ 268 ft lb tq
97 Base- Mods: Forged motor, Eaton m112, 2.76 pully, too many mods to list..........
My Car Domain Page
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 01:40 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

Man, I tore both my achilles in 2003. I tore the right in February and the left in June. I know how you feel. It's the most painful thing I've ever felt. The main thing I can tell you is to make it heal. As soon as you can stand the pain, push and pull in and out inside your cast. I wound up cracking all three of my casts on the bottom. I would flex back and forth pretty darned hard by the 4th or 5th week. Ask to go to one of the nice ankle immobilization boots after the 4th week or so. That will let you at least shower normally and get out of the stupid cast. For the first 2-3 weeks after you go to that, you'll still have to use your crutches, but it will make life much better overall.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 02:54 PM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
Saint, Thats terrible, sorry to hear that happend

sorry to hear you will be out for most of the summer, i dont know how often ill be around because ill be moving to ohio this weekend for the next 2 years. but you just stay comfortable at home and relax
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, all . This was my 1st seasin playing semi pro football with the Great Lakes Makos. Be back next season.
My rims are 20s.

One the few in Michigan. One of the first with spinners. The ONLY one rockin Dayton D'sceptres. One of the few things I'm proud of...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/356867
Ain't much, but it's mine...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in