need b-303 cam help (302 ho) - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to 92 sc t-bird Send a message via Skype™ to 92 sc t-bird
need b-303 cam help (302 ho)

i have a 88 gt and got a new b-303 cam and cant remember if i need rocker shims or not for the stock heads/stock rockers.my brother had a bone stock 87 with only the b-303 cam and it ran strong but he cant remember if he used the shims.do i need them?the reason i dont want heads is that i dont have the money for them right now,so i just want to put the cam in for now and save some money and by next summer ill get a set.here are some pics of the parts and car(lol im not going to spray it till i get heads) http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/lon01_2006/ .shims or no???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to 92 sc t-bird Send a message via Skype™ to 92 sc t-bird
thanks for the help.lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I think you should have posted this in the engine section. I personnally don't know reason why I didn't say anything.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

i just thought with being in roseville,mi i might be able to get some advice or see if someone is not to far from me that can stop by and give me some pointers.sorry for asking for help from people in mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97qwikcat
I think you should have posted this in the engine section. I personnally don't know reason why I didn't say anything.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Hey come on now man. some of the people in MI are usually willing to help when they can.

Give me til about noon and I'll get a answer for ya.
OK got an answer from someone that has done it before. No you shouldn't need shims. He's telling me if it's all the stock drivetrain you shouldn't need'em.

My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!

Last edited by 97qwikcat; 01-12-2007 at 08:47 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:26 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
You definitely can't complain about asking for help to DENNIS! If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have my J-mod done, he's always willing to help and he's very active with the local group. It's just none of the active MI guys have 5.0's (that I know of), and you could have posted in the 5.0 section and gotten an answer in an hour with a write up of how to do it.

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Hey did you ever get it figured out???

My mod's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in