Can anyone sponsor a weekly garage night? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Can anyone sponsor a weekly garage night?

Can anyone sponsor a weekly or bi weekly meeting of the birds in the Detroit area? We can work on each others cars and keep them running together. I would do it, but I do not have enough garage and tools to make it happen. I am sure together we could make some big changes on everyones cars. We could make a schedule for everyone to get a turn getting some help making a mod or something. Just an Idea.

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

1997 T-BIRD LX 116,xxx miles--- Lost Due to a Divorce!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
shoot, I would be willing, have garage will travel! Sounds like a good time.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #3 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Id be up for it if someone's got the garage I can throw some of my tool's in the truck and be over.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to orochispice Send a message via Yahoo to orochispice
hey let me know i was in the process of selling my bird i need to work on it pronto.

Turning a daily driver into a racer is hard work. with no bread you cant do it....so do what i do... plant seeds.
post #5 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

hey man not sound mean but what the hell are you doing with that car???

One minute you want to turn it into a race car next it's for sale then you fix it then wanna sell it what's the deal man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #6 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

idea who's ever car were working on has to supply the beer!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

My mod's
post #7 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
6th Gear Poster

listen if you all wanna come up to the thumb, i got my own home, own garage, tons of beer, grill we can drink grill party work on cars, but its a bit out of the way but we could crash here if anyone wanted to
post #8 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
I will go to the thumb, that isn:t a problem, and I can have beer.

post #9 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I'm sure I could pack the truck and head up that way. I think it all depends on the car if it's driveable or not.

My mod's
post #10 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

oh by the way roger after I get back from PA we can try to get your car figured out I think I know the problem and it should be a quick thing (wheel off) (drum off) (1 minute) done.

My mod's
post #11 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
ok, when are you leaving? Still wanna grab this cash, good for gas. Gimme a ring after 9 or so...

post #12 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 07:33 AM
6th Gear Poster

anyone got a project they wanna bring up here to work on?
post #13 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I'm leaving Thursday evening my girl is gonna stay with her mom for the weekend. I will be going over to my brother's work after about 4:30 I'm pushed for time there cause they leave at 6 and I wanna try to change the rear-end fluid before I go the humming noise is killing me but I think im gonna have to rebuild the rear end soon (pinion bearing seems like).

I got project's to work on but can't get the car up there lol. hey we can do the rearend in my truck lol.

My mod's
post #14 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Dennis, what are you guys doing to Native's car?
I might be up to work on it too, I'm working 8-5 all week, and am tired of going home and sitting around waiting for work to start in the morning again. haha

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #15 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

at the moment his rear brakes are squealing (drum's) somewhere down the road hes doing a 4V swap I beleive.

My mod's
post #16 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
6th Gear Poster

if you guys are going to try a 4v swap at home let me know i would deffently want to watch some of that process
post #17 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Roger im nominating your garage for your car!!!!!!
Might wanna get that second garage up in the back yard!!!!

My mod's
post #18 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
yup, motor is in the garage at the new house right now, with a nice Tranny right beside it ready for the Jmod to be done on it.

Couldn't do it in Cali, didn't have a lot of time or support!

Yea, anyone that wants to come, let me know and I will shoot you the addy....

post #19 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97qwikcat View Post
Roger im nominating your garage for your car!!!!!!
Might wanna get that second garage up in the back yard!!!!
But of course, wouldn't want it any other way!

post #20 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

naw forget that im tired of working on your car LMAO Just playing hey your phone is ringing.

My mod's
post #21 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 AM
6th Gear Poster

i would be interested in watching the jmod also, any dates for when you plan to do either?
post #22 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
whenever you bubbas are ready. What would you say if I wasn't there, yet you guys were working on the car?

Oh, also for this car, is a total front end rebuild with Poly Bushings, UCA's. LCA's, Larger Swaybar, and that should be it, besides the motor and tranny. Oh, new springs too, as I have V6 springs on it right now.

post #23 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativedetroiter View Post
whenever you bubbas are ready. What would you say if I wasn't there, yet you guys were working on the car?

Oh, also for this car, is a total front end rebuild with Poly Bushings, UCA's. LCA's, Larger Swaybar, and that should be it, besides the motor and tranny. Oh, new springs too, as I have V6 springs on it right now.
anytime after this weekend I can help out. So are asking would we care if we worked on your car without you? What about Naoko??? I think she might care more then us. It don't matter to me. We gonna be busy on your car!

My mod's
post #24 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

she hates u working on the car or hates that your putting money in the car or hates that you work alot. or hates strangers coming over ????

Which onelol

My mod's
post #25 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
3rd Gear Poster

well times was getting hard but i manage to get everything in working order for now.

Turning a daily driver into a racer is hard work. with no bread you cant do it....so do what i do... plant seeds.
post #26 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Hey Roger whenever we do your's i'll bring my jack this time. I didn't like that small one lol although we won't be doing this in the grass neither.

My mod's
post #27 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 PM
3rd Gear Poster

so let me know what you guys planning on doing it's f***ing snowing and it wont warm up til next week...michigan

post #28 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

It's up to Roger if he wants to start disassembling the bird we can if he want's to wait til after the meet we can do that It's on you boss man!!!!!!

My mod's
post #29 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
ok, I will let you guys know, has to be when everything is ready at the house. Will drive the 63 to work, so it has to be really nice weather!

post #30 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

June!!!!!

My mod's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in