stolen car, help appreciated - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ainline41
stolen car, help appreciated

My friend's car was stolen from his work in southgate (downriver) today (4-22-07) between the hours of 12pm-6pm

Here is the picture of the car:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Plate number was BEC1315

just tryin to get everyone one in the southeastern michigan area to keep theirs eyes out, its my his baby, odds are its gone, but its still worth looking, thought since we're all car guys might as well post here too, sorry if this is against forum rules or anything, its one of the cleanest lookin fox body's ive ever seen, car had about 36k on the clock, just if any of u happened to see a two toned blue/gray fox, i'd really appreciate any info, im not sure but he might be offering a reward for help, any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I'll keep my eyes open but odds are a car like that it's probably sitting in a chop shop striped by now. That's sad to see anybody's car stolen like that.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 09:47 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
seeign stuff like this angers the hell out of me. id love to catch the P.O.S. that took it and beat his head off of the road. i really hope things turn out well. its just not fair to work for your stuff only to have it stolen. man that pisses me off.

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

yea odds r the car is gone, luckily he has gap insurance or something like that to cover the mods he did, but it sucks cuz the car was in beautiful condition, thanks guys for keepin an eye out
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
4th Gear Poster

Maybe it will be on Overhaulin'; a man can dream can't he.

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

1997 T-BIRD LX 116,xxx miles--- Lost Due to a Divorce!!!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

yeah but overhaulin doesn't take cars that are already nice LOL sorry to shoot that down though.

My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
4th Gear Poster

This isn't it!!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/319667388.html

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97qwikcat View Post
yeah but overhaulin doesn't take cars that are already nice LOL sorry to shoot that down though.
I shot myself down. I keep hinting to my wife to get me on Overhaulin, I would like to see Chip take my bird to the Extreme.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Greybird94
I know how you feel, i actually just had my truck stolen right in front of my house on that same morning.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtalber1 View Post
rims are the same but that aint saying much. Bumper's side moulding's different and corner lights are different and roll cage I don't see one in the stolen car.

My mod's
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

ahh sorry i forgot to tell u guys, car was found yesterday morning... stripped and burnt in detroit, we've been following leads all week, scoping out foxes, checkin on craigs, hoping it was overhaulin, but nope, its gone, and i guess now his insurance is tryin to rip him off and only give him 2k for the car, 2k for a 91 fox, built 302, new paintjob, 38k miles

thanks for all the help guys, but this one was lost
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
I had a feeling. Sorry for the loss. really.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:40 AM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainline41 View Post
ahh sorry i forgot to tell u guys, car was found yesterday morning... stripped and burnt in detroit, we've been following leads all week, scoping out foxes, checkin on craigs, hoping it was overhaulin, but nope, its gone, and i guess now his insurance is tryin to rip him off and only give him 2k for the car, 2k for a 91 fox, built 302, new paintjob, 38k miles

thanks for all the help guys, but this one was lost
Where in Detroit? I am headed to Downtown today for some Scout stuff at the Downtown Scout Store.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 09:39 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
thats total bull****! i bet those jerks had a roll back and uniforms and anyone that saw them thought nothing of it. man i wish i could find the people and beat them with a golf club. then on top of that you have the insurance morons too. that guy got raped soooo bad. i wish i was rich and could help this guy out. even if it was just donating some time to help work on another one.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

idk where it was found, all i know is that he looked at it in an impound lot around joy and schaeffer maybe?? idk, he ended up threatening his insurance telling them that he would drop and have everyone he knows with them drop, so they're giving him what he deservers, or at least something better, right now hes looking at either 03-04 cobra, lightning, or another already built fox
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:11 PM
4th Gear Poster

I would Cruise Telegraph regularly back in the day, Around 1993/4 and there was this guy who had his 8-9 second race car on a trailer, and happened to stop by the races on Plymouth and Outer Drive. They parked it a block away, to not attract attention of the cops when they leave, basically everyone with a trailer was pulled over and harassed. They go running back to the truck/trailer when the cops showed up; only to find it gone. They had every car from Graph, hundreds of us looing for the Truck / Trailer in the area it was last seen. We found it, car off trailer, hood off, Engine and Trans hooked up to a cherry picker; someone unbolting the mounts. Needless to say the dudes got an a$$ beating and somehow the house they were at caught fire. They were given justice for being such aholes.

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
PostWhore

if i caught someone pissin with my house or car, id be convicted of murder.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbirdlver View Post
if i caught someone pissin with my house or car, id be convicted of murder.
+1
I keep my pistol loaded in my dresser, someone mess's with it they will be shut then I will fire a warning shot.

Our neighbor across the street likes to push my buttons with throwing the football and sitting in our driveway with there chairs they been told twice you hit any of our car's and I will make sure they don't graduate high school!!!!

My mod's
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Greybird94
I got a little better news, they found my truck today. I dont drive it much so i dont keep gas in it so i guess they bailed after it ran out of gas but not before destroying my dash an grabbing everything else of value. I also think they hit something with it. They found it in east saint louis in illinois. at least they didnt set it on fire like alot of them. Hope you get what u deserve outta the insurance.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
I will fire a warning shot.
Not a good idea

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
Not a good idea
why not???

My mod's
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
why not???
It's all about simple physics. Do you know exactly where the bullet would go? Fired up into the air, it's gotta come down. also, some states/cities have laws against the firing of warning shots.

In general it's just not a good idea. Too many variables/unknows and nothing to account for those. ONe article that I've read had this to say:
Quote:
I recommend warning shots only for police, and only to halt a fleeing felon, and then only under certain circumstances. A civilian has no need to fire warning shots when the criminal is attacking him - indeed, it will only cost him a precious moment and a precious cartridge. if he has justification to shoot, he should shoot to stop; if deadly force is not warranted, the gun should remain silent, period.
If you wanna chat about it a bit, hit me up in a PM, no sense in cluttering up this thread.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to rednsilver94sc
damn ive seen that mustang running around to this is sad that was a beautiful car and i mean awesome

p.s im in trenton
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

yea he's from gross isle (spell?) and im from riverview, ive seen u around, ur the two toned one right? i think u passed by us the other night, we were all hangin out in front of the kmart on fort street, we're out there pretty much everynight
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to rednsilver94sc
yea if im not in the sc im in the 40th anny with the cobra r's on it
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Quote:
why not???
Law in Michigan concerning shooting a stranger on your property:
You must ask the person to leave, if they refuse to, you have the right to use the minimal amount of force necessary to remove them.
Shooting them in the leg will only allow him to testify and court and will say "Oh, I never once charged at him, I jumped out of his car and tried running"
So, never shoot him in the back...
and finish him off so he can't testify in court

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Lol

My mod's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in