Mark VIII Parts - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
Mark VIII Parts

I'm posting this in here because I really don't like shipping stuff and I have a lot of stuff that is too big to ship. I'm parting out a 94 Mark VIII. It is 90% torn apart in my garage right now. Anyone need anything. I bought it for the wiring and engine to put in my Torino. The rest of it, including the tranny (using a T-56 in the Torino), is for sale. Let me know if you are interested in anything. I can get pictures for you and we can see what kind of a deal can be worked out. The car is green with tan interior. The seats really aren't very good though. The left front fender wasn't any good but the rest of the body panels are fine. Oh yeah, location is about 14 and Rochester in the Detroit Metro. Meeting half way or maybe delivery or something could possibly be arranged.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.

Last edited by 4 Cam Bird; 04-23-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

you saying your selling the tranny?
just outta curiosity what would you want for the trans?
thinking about it to have as a spare but can't afford it now.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
How about the Ebrake cable and Rotors from that beast. Wondering about getting the lower control arms from the rear too.... hummmm.....

Are you also coming by the May 6th Stoney Creek meet?

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I am selling the tranny. $200. It is very apparent that it had been out of the car at some point but I have no idea of the extent of the work done to it. I drove the car home from Grand Rapids though and everything was cool with the transmission and took it for a spin around the block before I started the tear down.

The E-brake cable is froze solid. I pushed the e-brake pedal down to break loose a stubborn lug nut and it wouldn't release. Rotors are still on the spindles right now but could be freed I suppose. $50 for all 4 of them. $75 for the pair of control arms.

I would consider going to the Stoney Creek meet but there is an auto x that day also so I will be there (pine knob/DTE music theater or whatever it is). Depending on how late the meet and auto x go you could possibly stop by and pick stuff up on your way home. I'm pretty close to 75. Just a couple of miles off of the Big Beaver, Rochester, and 14 mile exits. I'm honestly about the same distance from all 3. If someone wanted to do that I could provide my cell number so you could call to make sure I was home.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Hey 4 cam quick question for ya.

How did you do your fuel lines when you put the dohc in??

My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I connected the stock T-bird ones to the stock Mark VIII fuel rail. So i really didn't have to do anything. The stuff hooked right up.

2011 CTS-V Wagon
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

aaahhh but your rails are different then on a 96 arent they?

My mod's
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Yeah, I think stuff moved around. Not sure what a 96 Mark VIII or T-bird had for the connection location of the lines to the fuel rail. But I seem to reember there being changes that cause the lines to come up short.

2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in