What Auto Insurance do you use? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

What Auto Insurance do you use?

I use Liberty Mutual and it seems pretty good and cheap on the pocket.

'97 Tbird 4.6 LX PLPD $365 per YEAR

My Wife's Saturn Vue '06 is only $663 per year.

Every year when your Policy is to renew, you should ask for them to rescore your credit to see if it brings your rates down, I just did and it dropped $500 per year. They said it is something new they are doing now. My credit is pretty good, 719 when I cheked it a few weeks ago. If you have good credit it helps on the costs of insurance because you are less likely to make claims and will pay your billson time.

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

1997 T-BIRD LX 116,xxx miles--- Lost Due to a Divorce!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

bafungual dude!!!!

I just put insurance on my car yesterday (AAA) and it is like 1,100 a year. granted im not gonna be paying that much since I put it in storage insurance.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!

Last edited by 97qwikcat; 04-24-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: forgot AAA
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:23 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
i use allstate. forge what it costs bu ti know when i added my caprice it was cut in half.

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Farm Bureau - Combined Homeowner, Auto and Life

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
Geico, my tbird is about 315 a year.

My truck is about 600 a year.

Both have full coverage on the truck itself, but state minimum for damage against others.

I don't carry a big liability umbrella because honestly I don't own a house, and don't have any real assets, so if I get sued they won't get anything out of me.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
USAA. and I don't know what I pay honestly.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to John-Madison Send a message via Yahoo to John-Madison
American Family.

John-Madison
94 Cougar XR-7 Special Edition
3.8L V6...Not really purring anymore. She's kinda on her last leg. Traded in....
***NEW*** 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander (well, new for me)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2297556
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to yeehaw mn12
state farm....i pay 950 for 6 months, was 1240 but then i dropped collision...i love being 19 with an accident in a red 2 door

-kyle

90 supercoupe, 13 psi, 14.7 best et
1996 f250 ext cab long bed 7.3 PSD
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:29 PM
PostWhore

AAA, 1200.00 / yr, for my bird, 01 expo, 95 accord. Still getting former employee discount...

Now work for State Farm ...and they want 1200.00 for 6 mo!!!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to shaggy433 Send a message via MSN to shaggy433 Send a message via Yahoo to shaggy433
I have Progressive Direct and have the step below Full coverage and pay $35 a month. Full coverage was gonna be 50-60 a month but im gonna wait until my last speeding ticket is off in November then it should be about $40 a month for full..

94 XR7 One of 71,026
Magnaflow Cats, Magnaflow DI/DO 2 1/4"true duals with 3 1/2" stainless tips...reverse glow gauges, 7 color a-pillar gauges, 20% tint, JVC HD deck, 10" Kicker square, 400rms mono Kicker amp.
And it can be seen here
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

damn I feel like im getting raped on auto insurance.

My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97qwikcat View Post
damn I feel like im getting raped on auto insurance.
High probability that you are. Sad to say, I've been working in the ins industry for just over 4 yrs now, and that's part of the game.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

heck I aint got no points been in 1 accident which totaled my car, but wasn't my fault. (sure that don't matter)

My mod's
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 PM
PostWhore

what do you pay a month for what coverage limits? many factors involved with ins, especially if your avatar age is 21...I remember those ins premiums. they're rediculous!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Im not 100% positive til they send me the papers or w/e but I know my cougar will be something like $110 a mo. and my truck was $120 something.

My mod's
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96dirtybird View Post
what do you pay a month for what coverage limits? many factors involved with ins, especially if your avatar age is 21...I remember those ins premiums. they're rediculous!

I paying about $250 a month for my car and my truck, my mom is principal driver on my truck, and my dad is on the cougar. neither have any point's and both over 50!!!!
my parents are paying over $1500 a year for a 91 cougar with me as principal and for an 01 escape with my dad as principal driver.
Both cougars are noted as driven for pleasure annual mileage 7500 or less. All vehicles got full coverage with a $250 deductible if in accident

My mod's
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
butt raped.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ainline41
ahh im raped too, 150 a month full coverage with 500 deductible, mom's principle, me secondary, 5k per year, to work and school i hate being under 25, my record is completely clean, idk bout my mom's tho
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

If you are paying too much, you should consider a new Agent, but seriously ask if they could re score your Credit and see what it does. If it will raise it, then don't change. I would suggest you go with Liberty Mutual. I have been happy with them.

Big Rob's Car---1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Collector's Edition #314 in Cordovan Red. 89,xxx miles----

1997 T-BIRD LX 116,xxx miles--- Lost Due to a Divorce!!!
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
PostWhore

Let me shed some insight on all this. My explanation is 100% true here in CA, but I won't say that it's 100% true in all other states. But insurance is insurance. In a previous post here, I mentioned that I have been an agent and insurance underwriter for a little over 4 yrs now, including AAA and State Farm, and one other general agency. Tons and tons of misconceptions unfortunately! Being under 25 is not as important a factor as you may think. Or being principal or occasional driver.

Age confusion: I am 29 and I pay less than other 29'ers with same vehicles. The factor here is how long I've been licensed. I got my license at 16. Friends of mine waited until maybe 17-19. I will always pay less premium on the same exact car because I will always have more "driving experience" which is what insurance companies look at. I have had 40 yr old's call and get quotes, and barely got licensed maybe 10 yrs ago, and guess what? They are paying teenager rates! But there are agents and underwriters that can "manipulate" those factors to help you out, lol!!

Princ - Occas driver: One common problem I see everyday, is that "yes" you can be listed or be told by your ins co that you are being rated as an "occasional" driver! But the reality is that behind the scenes, you are being rated with principal rates anyway. Your parents are being rated with cheaper rates again because of experience. You can be a teenager or a young 20's and still be rated as principal because the younger you are, the more "risk" you pose as an inexperienced driver and of course most companies won't disclose that.

Lastly: This is for all those young drivers on here. If you are on your parents policy and they have high limits such as maybe 100/300/100, or 250/500/250, because they are homeowners? And you are listed on there, guess what? You are held to those same limits even though is not "your" policy per say. Basically, you are being charged for high limits right along with your parents. Sometimes still cheaper than branching out on your own, but please keep that in mind. And of course higher deductibles of at least 500 save you at least some kind of money in the long run.

So, I will add that this is CA guidelines, I am not stating that this is insurance guidelines across the U.S., but working with AAA and State Farm, and customers transferring in, there really hasn't been much difference.

Ok, I'm done...sorry!
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 04:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
Insurance is weighted alot on your credit score.

If its in the tank, then you will pay alot more than someone with excellent credit.

Do the little things to get your credit score back up there, then start shopping around.

If you don't have credit cards, it would be a good idea to get one or two and just let the accounts age. Older accounts help your account.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 05:37 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH View Post
Insurance is weighted alot on your credit score.
Very true additional factor, but not with all ins co.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96dirtybird View Post
Age confusion: I am 29 and I pay less than other 29'ers with same vehicles. The factor here is how long I've been licensed....
Do you also get an "Employee Discount" since you work for them?

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 12:38 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Do you also get an "Employee Discount" since you work for them?
I no longer work for AAA, but yes the discount is still there on my policy, and I get that same emp disc at the AAA mechanic shop, cuz they all know me
I work for State Farm now, and they don't offer us any disc's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in