TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what do you guys reccomend

2K views 45 replies 10 participants last post by  Al_Florida 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!
I am considering a nitrous kit but I don't know what to get. Wet or Dry? It seems like for most cars a wet system is the weapon of choice but it seems like the fuel seems to puddle in our intakes so i was also looking at a dry system.

I would also buy everything to run it correctly like the bottle heater, purge, window switch, pressure gauge, colder plugs, and probably a BAP.

Help me out guys I just don't know wet or dry?

#3 ·
If I had the money I would go with the NOZZles system. Wet system but no problem with puddling. :thumbsup:

But NOT cheap. :beek:

#4 ·
wet or dry? if not setup correctly, BOTH can cause major damage.
don't worry about puddling in the intake, if your running an aluminum intake, you should be fine(if it puddles(wet system that is)).

#5 ·
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
If I had the money I would go with the NOZZles system. Wet system but no problem with puddling. :thumbsup:

But NOT cheap. :beek:
definatly not cheap lol

Badbird youre saying the aluminum intake is not prone to puddling.
Because i would rather get a wet system but the dry systems are easier to hide.

holy crap i can't make a decision.:eek:

#6 ·
krazy4 said:
definatly not cheap lol

Badbird youre saying the aluminum intake is not prone to puddling.
Because i would rather get a wet system but the dry systems are easier to hide.

holy crap i can't make a decision.:eek:
it can puddle, but if in case of a backfire, if your running a plastic intake, it will more than likely blow/crack the plastic. aluminum it won't.(this all for a wet system, if you run a dry system, you don't have a chance of puddling).

I have a Nitrous kit for sale if your interested?
It is a NOS brand kit part #5115.
I have it setup for a 75 shot(dry).
bone stock, I was running 15.8's @ 86 mph.
with just the 75 shot, it dropped me to 14.15's @ 95mph.(this was when I was running a 4.6l)

I have a purge made by compucar that would go with it as well.
If your interested, let me know, we can talk via PM's.

#7 ·
I would suggest a zex kit (dry). I run this and it was a very simple install. Though tuninging is critical, esp for a modded motor to get the correct a/f ratio. i think most people who run nitrous would suggest this kit as well.

Joe

#8 ·
whitecoug said:
I would suggest a zex kit (dry). I run this and it was a very simple install. Though tuninging is critical, esp for a modded motor to get the correct a/f ratio. i think most people who run nitrous would suggest this kit as well.

Joe
I agree, especially with someone that has little to no experience with the juice.:)

95 Badbird,

I call BS on a wet system 75 shot going from 15.8 to 14.1 on a stock engine. I been around this stuff a long time and there aint no damn way. If it was that good why are you selling it???

#9 ·
1MTNCAT said:
I agree, especially with someone that has little to no experience with the juice.:)

95 Badbird,

I call BS on a wet system 75 shot going from 15.8 to 14.1 on a stock engine. I been around this stuff a long time and there aint no damn way. If it was that good why are you selling it???
Why you call BS????

I have many people to back me up, time slips.....how can I prove it to you?
This also happened like 4-5 years ago, at Houston Raceway Park(fastest track in the nation, 10 feet above sea level, imagine if I had a negative DA).

It was a dry system BTW.

Why am I selling it, lets see, it was for a fuel injected car, I'm running a carbed setup now, so it won't fit. Sure, I can spend about $250 to swap it over to a plate system, but I'm not going to use nitrous for awhile(on my current car).

So go ahead and call your bullsh1t all you want....okay it wasn't stock, I had a K&N(panel filter), and no mufflers(22" chrome tips)....so I guess I lied :rolleyes:

#10 ·
_95badbird said:
Why you call BS????

I have many people to back me up, time slips.....how can I prove it to you?
This also happened like 4-5 years ago, at Houston Raceway Park(fastest track in the nation, 10 feet above sea level, imagine if I had a negative DA).

It was a dry system BTW.

Why am I selling it, lets see, it was for a fuel injected car, I'm running a carbed setup now, so it won't fit. Sure, I can spend about $250 to swap it over to a plate system, but I'm not going to use nitrous for awhile(on my current car).

So go ahead and call your bullsh1t all you want....okay it wasn't stock, I had a K&N(panel filter), and no mufflers(22" chrome tips)....so I guess I lied :rolleyes:
I don't give a s**t if you were running in a cave underneath HRP or wherever, IF you really believe that I'm going to agree that a car cut 1.6 seconds or better off their E.T with a 75 shot on a stock motor (Wet or Dry) irregardless, you my friend are an idiot!!!

Would everyone else that have ran a 75 shot on their car please show their gains Please. Especially if you were stock?????

But, I'll definately have some of whatever the hell it is you're smoking!!;)

#11 ·
1MTNCAT said:
I don't give a s**t if you were running in a cave underneath HRP or wherever, IF you really believe that I'm going to agree that a car cut 1.6 seconds or better off their E.T with a 75 shot on a stock motor (Wet or Dry) irregardless, you my friend are an idiot!!!

Would everyone else that have ran a 75 shot on their car please show their gains Please. Especially if you were stock?????

But, I'll definately have some of whatever the hell it is you're smoking!!;)
So now you're resorting to name calling.
Whatever dude.
I don't have my time slips in front of me, but when I get home, I will scan them and show you.

Also, if memory serves me correct, my 15.8 runs had somewhere around 2.4-2.3 60 foot times.
With my nitrous runs, I cut 1.9 60 foots.That right there is around 6 tenths in the 1/4.
Then add the 75 shot to it.....

Sorry I rubbed you the wrong way, but do I need to get the people who witnessed it to come on here and tell you otherwise????
My guess would be no.
Since you have "been around this stuff a long time and there ain't no damn way."

But thats alright, it seems no matter what I say/type/post or scan time slips, you will NEVER believe me.

But thats okay.

I will post the slips later.....I also believe I have a video of after the run too.
But even if I posted videos and such, you would still not believe me that my motor was stock(stock 3.08's as well, but I'm sure you don't believe that either.)

I bet you don't believe that I put a 351W and C6 in my car either hugh?

So, can I ask, Why do you think its not possible?
Hell, my first run on the N2O, I think I did like a 14.9.....then as the night went on, I learned how to drive the car better(with nitrous), and kept bettering my time a 1/10th at a time, until I hit the 14.1. Then after that, I couldn't better 14.2's with the nitrous.

I bet you think I just made that story up hugh?

So tell me, how do you want me to prove it to you?
Sh1t, this makes me want to go and get another 4.6 bird just to PROVE TO YOU I did it.

:rolleyes:

#12 ·
_95badbird said:
15.8 runs had somewhere around 2.4-2.3 60 foot times. With my nitrous runs, I cut 1.9 60 foots.That right there is around 6 tenths in the 1/4. Then add the 75 shot to it.....
Then your statement:
_95badbird said:
with just the 75 shot, it dropped me to 14.15's @ 95mph
WAS VERY misleading! The "just nitrous" did not lower your times. What lowered your times was better traction and the nitrous. Which is what 1MTNCAT was says (all be it, not very politely!) :thumbsup:

#13 ·
Then your statement:
WAS VERY misleading! The "just nitrous" did not lower your times. What lowered your times was better traction and the nitrous. Which is what 1MTNCAT was says (all be it, not very politely!) :thumbsup:
How could it be better traction?

I ran the same tires I did before(H-rated, dry rotted Bridestones), 3.08 open rear.

Same setup on N/A run vs. the Nitrous run.

I did not run the N2O off the line....I waited until I was about 1-1 1/2 car lengths out, then, I turned on the nitrous.

So all in all, the nitrous is what bettered my time...Traction was the same regardless, I was just Lucky the tires held....but I guess thats what 3940 pounds does for you, gets you traction.

Yes 3940 pounds, I bet you don't believe that either 1MNTCAT.

#14 ·
Then your statement:
Yes, better traction due to the fact the tires actually held the extra power from the N2O kit. All he added was the N2O and bam, he went 14.1's. He was not running DRs at the time, and did not make a tire change.

You have to realize that the car's weight had a lot to do with the car not getting off the line quickly, and when the N2O was added the tires actually held and therefore improved the 60' times tremendously as well. Trust me when I say we were all shocked.

Next thing I'm going to hear on this site is that you can't run 12's unless you have over 300rwhp. I'm going to do it with less than 250rwhp..... Someone call BS, please!!!!!!

#15 ·
_95badbird said:
How could it be better traction?

I ran the same tires I did before(H-rated, dry rotted Bridestones), 3.08 open rear.

Same setup on N/A run vs. the Nitrous run.

I did not run the N2O off the line....I waited until I was about 1-1 1/2 car lengths out, then, I turned on the nitrous.

So all in all, the nitrous is what bettered my time...Traction was the same regardless, I was just Lucky the tires held....but I guess thats what 3940 pounds does for you, gets you traction.

Yes 3940 pounds, I bet you don't believe that either 1MNTCAT.
There's no reason you need to prove yourself to anyone on here. Remember when everyone said that the C6 would never fit?? Haha...... :rolleyes:

#16 ·
96gts4.6L said:
Yes, better traction due to the fact the tires actually held the extra power from the N2O kit. All he added was the N2O and bam, he went 14.1's. He was not running DRs at the time, and did not make a tire change.

You have to realize that the car's weight had a lot to do with the car not getting off the line quickly, and when the N2O was added the tires actually held and therefore improved the 60' times tremendously as well. Trust me when I say we were all shocked.

Next thing I'm going to hear on this site is that you can't run 12's unless you have over 300rwhp. I'm going to do it with less than 250rwhp..... Someone call BS, please!!!!!!
:bs:

I'll get there first..

:tongue:

#18 ·
_95badbird said:
:bs:

I'll get there first..

:tongue:
Uh-huh, calling BS on me.... Focker...... :p

#19 ·
#21 ·
So what you're saying is he made a 15.8 pass, came back to the lines, turned on the nitrous and ran a 14.1 pass? Same day, same temps, same everything. Unless that is the case, I still don't buy the almost two second improvement. Shoot, I've seen a .5 second change just with temperature differences.

Oh, and,
Then feel free to leave. Last time I checke this was MN12/FN10 site. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
So what you're saying is he made a 15.8 pass, came back to the lines, turned on the nitrous and ran a 14.1 pass? Same day, same temps, same everything. Unless that is the case, I still don't buy the almost two second improvement. Shoot, I've seen a .5 second change just with temperature differences.

Oh, and,

Then feel free to leave. Last time I checke this was MN12/FN10 site. :thumbsup:
That's what he's saying, and that's what I'm saying. I was there, we have it on video, we have timeslips. What gain do we get in lying to you guys?? None, you can beleive or not beleive. If you don't beleive us then you are calling us liers and I don't like being called a lier..... You're basically saying that we are not credible, and I seriously resent that.

And nah, I think I'll stay and straighten things up around here for a while..... Don't be hatin' on the stangs. We are all going for the same goal right?

#24 ·
Well when a "new member" is only here to stir up shiet and insults this whole board, then yep, that's the way I welcome them. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
Well when a "new member" is only here to stir up shiet and insults this whole board, then yep, that's the way I welcome them. :thumbsup:
Show me how I've insulted the entire board..... Just because I don't have a freaking T-bird doesn't mean I don't know my sh*t. I like Fords period.

I'm not here to stir up sh*t, I'm here to help badbird.....

#26 ·
nice how other memebers insult each other with the same fvckin cars.....

Whatever, its good to see that I've put in a many hours on here, by helping MANY poeple with thier cars, and I get called an idiot.

Some memebers here are just to damn full of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.