TCCoA Forums banner

Decent Price?

863 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Juice 
#1 ·
The local exhaust shop quoted me $550 for an exhaust install on the 4.6.

$200 for the DI/DO cat.
$60 for each pipe run. 2.25"
$115 for each muffler.
He said he would add tips for free depending on how I wanted it to look. This was also for either a Flowmaster or Magnaflow setup. These are installed prices.

Thoughts?

~Chuck

#2 ·
Thats a pretty resonable price if your buying parts from him. It would be cheaper to buy the mufflers and junk and have him put them on.

#3 ·
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Maybe I should get the mufflers and the cat on my own? I would think the pipes would be kind of a bulky (expensive) item to ship if I were to get this stuff online.

Where would be a good place to look for this stuff? E-Bay?

Thanks,

~Chuck

#5 ·
CaliHwyPatrol said:
The local exhaust shop quoted me $550 for an exhaust install on the 4.6.

$200 for the DI/DO cat.
$60 for each pipe run. 2.25"
$115 for each muffler.
He said he would add tips for free depending on how I wanted it to look. This was also for either a Flowmaster or Magnaflow setup. These are installed prices.

Thoughts?

~Chuck
Did you find a 2.25" DI/DO cat?
If so, what is it?
I can only find 2".

#8 ·
Something to consider:

Some shops will charge more to do the same work if you provide your own mufflers, cats and other bigger ticket items. That is something to look into before you start going out and looking for those Ebay savings.

#9 ·
Yeah, I was thinking something similar. I suppose I'll just talk to the guy about it and see what his prices are. There are plenty of exhaust shops around here and he is pretty new, so I might be able to take advantage of that and get a good deal.

~Chuck

#12 ·
Hey Chuck,

I just had the exhaust on the Green bird changed today, 1 in 2 out Magnaflow with custom pipes was 250. Not too sure of the name of the place, but they are on Auburn Blvd. just South of Antelope. On the left next door to the Indian Motorcycle shop. I'll get you the number tomorrow.
Brett

#13 ·
Sounds like a better price than 550, but I still wanted a DI/DO cat. I found one online for like 80 bucks, so the labor shouldn't be much more. It's only 2.25" but I'm too poor to put any money into the engine, so I highly doubt I'll ever get over 300 hoss.

Yeah though, grab that number and I'll tell them you hooked me up.

Thanks dude!

~Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.