TCCoA Forums banner

Mini Spool Review

735 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BLittle500 
#1 ·
Well guys, here it is:

I put my mini spool in, in hopes of getting like 3 races on it to see how it works. Well I rained out 2 weeks but got to race the last race of the season. It was a 50 lap race, so it would be a good indicator of reliability. I had no problems what so ever with the axles (that have 14*,*** miles on them), No problems with the rear itself. The only problem I did have was a leaking LR axle seal, which I may have damaged when I was putting the rear back togeather. I got the mini spool from Allstar performance, and the install was a breeze, If I had to do it again, I would let the rear IN the car and see if I could do it that way. I definatly would NOT reccomend this for the street, but if your car wont see the street again, Like mine, the go for it, and get that traction!

Thanks for checking out my ramblings,

Brandon

#3 ·
Well, just backing the car around on stones (in my drive way) and in the pits at the track, when ever I would turn anything over slightly, the rear would start to I guess you'd call it "Chop" and "Hop", but thats with 4 inches of stagger in the rear also. I'd say try it, but beware, dont turn hard, or go to fast. Like I said, my car only runs on dirt. Let me know if you have any more questions, I know you wanted to know about it eairlier.

Brandon

#4 ·
BLittle500 said:
Well, just backing the car around on stones (in my drive way) and in the pits at the track, when ever I would turn anything over slightly, the rear would start to I guess you'd call it "Chop" and "Hop", but thats with 4 inches of stagger in the rear also. I'd say try it, but beware, dont turn hard, or go to fast. Like I said, my car only runs on dirt. Let me know if you have any more questions, I know you wanted to know about it eairlier.

Brandon
yeah....I have a T-lok, ready to rebuild, but the price of the spool is a good price.

#5 ·
Really whats the worst that will happen, you'll snap an axle? But hey if it works out for ya, cant getter any more locked up than a spool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.