Need help w/2000 Windstar intake - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Need help w/2000 Windstar intake

ok, you guys know how the intake's plastic on the windstar?

well, I broke the one on my family's windstar. It keeps leaning out the car and it's leaking. I think they changed it once but that bastard keeps leaking anyways... (i broke one of the divider bits in the upper intake when changing the gaskets)

Anyhow, they changed the MAF (which was stupid) but anyways, it's got 64xxx miles on it approximately, and I want to know:

Will the 03-04 Windstar intake (THE METAL ONE) work on the 2000 block?
Were there any changes on the splitport 3.8L between 2000 and 2003? Is there any reason why the metal intake wouldn't work?

This stupid windstar keeps throwing codes and my parents keep throwing money at the problem without actually fixing the problem. I am pretty confident replacing the intake manifold will remedy the problem, and I keep having to read damn CEL's. And the windstar's mileage has gone in the ****ter since it's running rich as all hell attempting to correct the lean condition.

Is there a better place fort me to be asking this question?

Thanks,
Ghost

96 Laser Red 4.6L - Custom
Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 07:15 AM
5th Gear Poster

Hello there is a website where you can still access information on the windstar. It is www. cartrackers.org or com i forgot which was the last part of that address. Even though people cannot update info anymore there are a lot of topics which you can look up to do the research. That manifold thing is a procedure that you must follow if i remember correctly. I had a misfire code that kept coming up on my 96 windstar. The mechanic wanted about a thousand to fix it. It only cost me the price of one fuel injector and cleaning those little button ports inside when you remove that plastic manifold. They get clogged and sometimes they cause the code. I hope that this information is of help to you. I wish you all the luck getting it fixed. 65 thousand miles is too little for the car to be giving you this much problems.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 07:17 AM
5th Gear Poster

The website is www.cartrackers.com, hope you find what you need and let us know how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

well first off has it had the gasket/isolator bolt tsb done? if not do that first, also contact jason thru the parts forum

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to RobertP
well i dunno if you know this but being a ford tech i do if you have replaced all the gaskets and you are sure there are no other leaks, which ill bet they maybe, but i dunno, there is also a pcm update suppose to be done when replacing the gaskets, so that could also be were your problem is, just my 2 cents i have fixed a ton of these p0171 and p0174 both banks lean and ive never hand any problem with them coming back so you need to do a little more back ground check on the van make sure the pcm update has been done if not get it done, also you should be replacing the bolts and isolaters not jut the gaskets also replace the upper pleneum gasket also and make sure the pcv hose is plugged into the intake ube just behing the maf or just in front of the throttle cable and stuff that very commonly over looked

Robert

www.robstireandauto.com for all your car needs and parts
95 bird corn powered 735rwhp and 580 tq
86 bird vortech s trim
10.75 @128.38
95 bird - Vortech t trim
9.98 worlds fastest IRS 4.6 thunderbird
1/8 [email protected]
10.11 @ 139.19 best mph
1.47 best 60ft if I can get a full pass with this 60ftt
All made possible with Braincoating'ôs ported manifolds
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

yeah, but the manifold needs to be replaced because i broke two of the runner divider walls in the upper bit while trying to get the top back on it. I changed the gaskets but yeah. Since it was worked on last, it's felt weaker, and it has that telltale whistle under +vacuum that indicates a big vac leak somewhere.

Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to RobertP
the upper is replacable seperate, and u have a vaccuam leaking

robertp

www.robstireandauto.com for all your car needs and parts
95 bird corn powered 735rwhp and 580 tq
86 bird vortech s trim
10.75 @128.38
95 bird - Vortech t trim
9.98 worlds fastest IRS 4.6 thunderbird
1/8 [email protected]
10.11 @ 139.19 best mph
1.47 best 60ft if I can get a full pass with this 60ftt
All made possible with Braincoating'ôs ported manifolds
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

right, so it's the upper it needs.

-ghost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in