Half shafting? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Half shafting?

Can someone include pictures and step by step instructions? sounds like an easy way to gain a few HP but i dont want to fuck it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 07:54 AM

1) remove the TB from the car
2) remove the sensors and IAC from the TB
3) clean it with dish soap/water mix
4) Use a GOOD Phillips screw driver to remove the 2 screws from the throttle Plate
5) Remove the Throttle plate and an you should be able to remove the shaft from the throttle body (you MAY need to slighly file the shaft where the 2 screws were to allow it to be removed)
6) You will Notice that the Shaft was on BOTH sides of the throttle plate, what you want to do is remove the Half of shaft that WITH OUT the treads, the treaded side MUST NOT be cut.
7) NOW you have half a shaft left, hench the name "half shafting" you can put it back together now.
8) You can shorten the 2 screws by 3-threads now and USE Loctite blue on the 2 screws when you re install them to hold the throttle plate to make sure they stay put.

I ALSO found this post On V6power, RGR took the pictures

Last edited by rancherlee; 07-16-2002 at 08:03 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

those pics do me no good, it still seems a bit confusing....i guess if i actually go and take the TB off and look at it, i might be a little more willing to start on this project since i dont have a replacement if i screw something up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 10:29 AM

*Wonders if he should do anything with that extra upper intake he has lying around*
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:21 AM

what does it actually do performance wise?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 05:57 AM

Cool Here ya go Homie

Halfshafting

I had that same question. Here is what the answer was for me.

Aight Then,
Will

One Love Hawaii
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 08:10 PM

well.. im going to attempt half-shafting once my motor cools down a little bit more. ill let every know how it goes... oh and a side note, i got my 17"x32" manual moonroof installed today, and it DOESN'T leak (we had a good rain this evening), but if for some reason it does begin to leak.. its a lifetime warranty on the seals. -greg
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:05 PM
6th Gear Poster

Yes please let us know how the half shafting goes. Also, how do you like the moon roof? How much did it set ya back? Please post some pics. Or email me some. [email protected] I am intrested in getting one put in myself.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 10:36 PM

well.. with the exception of a couple little minor complications, it was easy. the complications were i broke a small piece of plastic that holds a part to the throttle body, and the other complication was i accidently got a sensor wet... so when i fix those two things ill let ya know if i notice a difference.

and as for the moonroof, i like it a lot. the final cost was $265, and i have a lifetime warranty on the seals. -greg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in