TCCoA Forums banner

The Proof is in Flex's Pudding :)

3K views 55 replies 13 participants last post by  rancherlee 
#1 ·
#8 ·
PJ,
I have been all along. Last year, one of the members of 3.8 Mustang did the only split port spacer only before and after dyno. The hp numbers were not as good (4hp and 14 tq), but I was making the openings a bit larger than I do now.

It was theorized that this was causing a ledge or ridge that disrupted upper rpm flow that hurt hp. Since then, I have revised the openings to gasket size, same as a port job.

I have sold over 70 sets of split port spacers with only 2 unhappy customers. Both most likely due to the bashing I was getting at V6 Power. One was a moderator there.

#9 ·
Wow. That's quite an endorsement...What are you asking for your spacers flex? (95 singleport)

- Carlo

#10 ·
Here is the current 89-98 SinglePort 3.8 price list.:

In 3/8", the TB is $30 and the Intake is $60 or $80 for the set.

In 1/2", the TB is $40 and the Intake is $80 or $110 for the set.

Sets can also be ordered with 1 spacer 3/8" and the other 1/2".

The EGR adapter is $10 and a 1/2" TB adapter bracket for the throttle linkage is $20. All 4 gaskets are $25.

The 1/2" intake will require longer bolts. They are $10 or I can give you the specs if you want to source them.

Prices include shipping and longer TB studs.

Also available. Adapter plate to mount 60 mm 87-93 5.0 TB to 3.8 upper $175. Includes 3/4" 6061 plate, gaskets, linkage adapters and hardware. With a modified 60 mm TB $225 (core fee will apply if core is not supplied) and $250 with a phenolic spacer.

My PayPal account is accessible through my email address bkolic@netscape.net Prices include Express Post shipping.

#12 ·
Here is the price list for the 99+ split port 3.8.

In 3/8", the TB is $30 and the Intake is $100 or $120 for the set.

In 1/2", the TB is $40 and the Intake is $135 or $165 for the set.

The 1/2" Intake does require longer fasteners. I supply those for $15 or $20 with extra thick zinc washers.

Sets can also be ordered with 1 spacer 3/8" and the other 1/2".

All 4 gaskets are $25 and a modified linkage bracket for the 3/8" is $20 if you do not wish to mod your own. For the 1/2", an adapter is supplied for the same cost.

Prices include shipping and longer TB bolts. The exception being a $10 charge on a 1/2" set with all the bolts. The extreme weight doubles shipping cost. I ship Express Post which is a 3-5 working day service.

#13 ·
I'd highly reccommend his throttle bodies and spacer to anyone with ported intakes! I put on my ported intakes and I saw a good diffrerence, but then I put on the 60mm tb and wow. It really made those intakes worth it! Only problem is that the TPS needs to be adjusted now I think but that's easy enough and maybe it's just my circumstance. But now I'm looking at getting that 1/2" intake spacer from you Flex because my custom air intake has a rubber elbow that collides with the air conditioning hose and kind of pinches it there. So I think that's next on my list.
-Thomas

#15 ·
Man doesn't seem like people like that guy. Whatever the debate is I think it'd help a lot. just my opinion. Plus it'd take care of my stupid AC hose/intake tube problem.
-Thomas

#17 ·
the guy that started the thread in that link. He wanted someone to host the picture of the dyno sheet for him and they were all basically like "screw you"

NO I havn't found the dumb cap yet. That reminds me. I'm going to PM you now so I don't steal the thread. You have a PM.

-Thomas

#18 ·
They have nothing against him dude. It's me man. Gaston hates my guts and he has been saying for months, along with that idiot Pete from Fordchip, that I am a con artist selling a boguss product that does nothing. They just do not want to post anything that vidicates me from that character assualt. LOL

#19 ·
Seems like there aren't too many that are on your good side Flex. Tom Y from supersix, Gaston, and Pete from Fordchip. Anyone else to add to the list? Just curious haha. I LOVE YA MAN...in a manly, guy, punch your shoulder kinda way. :leftright
-Thomas

#20 ·
Seems like they're all pretty much missing the point... I wouldn't buy one for temperature control, I'd buy one to lengthen the runners and get that torque. Hell, I'd just BUY one if all my money hadn't been temporarily diverted to the '83 :mad:

#21 ·
Well, sometimes I just rub people. I have been at odds with Mr. Y for 2 years. Ever since I asked him if his take off headers were coated for what he was asking. $200 if I remember correctly. That was like $400 CAD at the time. I got mine and had them aluminum ceramic coated here for the same money. LOL I then started looking at his prices and saw that they were gigantically inflated. For example: $125 for a DC that Demolet sells for $90. An AC delete he sells for $100 that others sell for $60. Forged pistons at $750 selling elsewhere at $500. He sends cams to Crower for a regrind and get's charge $100 and sells them to you for $300. So I always get in his face about prices and we get into lengthy arguments hehe.

Gaston and I got into a battle about 2 years ago about EGR. Mikael of RPM was a big advocate of using it while I maintained that it only hurts power by taking away ~ %15 of the fresh fuel charge and heating up the incoming charge as well. It also adds carbon into the induction for an all round bad scene. Well it got a little nasty and Gaston jumped in calling me every name imaginable. He even suggested that only people like himself needed to get rid of it because he had a race car.

Since then, I have been on good terms with Mik. He is a great guy and good business man and we even teamed up to get him into selling those CSP rockers and worked on that group buy over at V6 Power. It was funny because they still had the rating system at the time. My rating went from 2 stars to 5 almost overnight. Gaston only had 4 hehe.

Now comes Pete. What to say about that guy. I wouldn't buy a reprogrammed chip from that guy if he made double the power of somebody else for several reasons.

First of, this guy thinks his shiit don't stink. He probably believes the only standing between him and God is his greatness. This dik actually told me he could analyze products "in his head" and know if they worked or not. He was going to explain fluid thermodynamics and physics to me if I pushed it , to prove my spacers couldn't work and thus embarass an ignorant me. Hey Pete, guess who's laughing now.

Second, there have been people waiting for months for this guy to "get around" to fixing a bad burn. Corey (Danger Dude) waited for 3 months for some service that only came as the result if intervention from another member. Great customer service. Guess your only a priority if your paying. Similiar thing happened with an engine he sold on V6 Power. Months of waiting.

#22 ·
Yeah Mikael is a great guy I've talked with him through e-mails countless times and 3.8 tech and such. I also don't think T.Y. is that bad a guy, true he charges a lot, but I was in a certain circumstance where I got a good deal (even though it's suppose to be secret shhh) and that really made me think better of him. Gaston seems like he gets an idea in his head and sticks with it no matter what facts are presented. Oh well. The point is that I think your a good seller and business man and everyone else who says otherwise is well...wrong. :D
-Thomas

#23 ·
Thanks man. As long as those that buy from me are happy, that is all that matters to me. I processed 2 refunds on split port spacers so that there would not be any people on the boards with bad things to say about me. Both were a result of the bashing V6 Power was giving me as they told me they believed that there was no gain. Still, 2 from 100 is good.

#24 ·
What are the improvements for just the 3/8" spacer?

#26 ·
Ah. I figured that was for the 1/2" since it doesn't say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.