just a few questions - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

just a few questions

hey, i have a few questions bout the tbird...
1) i don't know if this is considered a bad thing but im sure its not good, ive noticed that the tach get up to 3-3500 when in third and kinda sticks for a few seconds then slams into 4th, thought it was transmission fluid but that didnt help, any ideas?
2)after driving the car for just a short time at normal speeds of 60mph the temp guage show the car as 3/4 hot....its been like this pretty much since we have owned it, we got it with 18k in 98 and now it has 150k, it will flucuate back to normal usually but i dont know why its in hot so long and i dont know if its a good thing
3)when u crank the engine it makes a rough jolt when it starts, its not the motor mount, just had that replaced 2 days ago

any help with these would be appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:12 PM

1. Some more info would help. Mostly it would help if you gave detailed info about what else is going on, trottle position, speed, that sort of thing.

2. I'm gonna guess that it would be a sticky thermostat. If that's it I would replace it as son as you get the chance, no reason to get these engines any hotter.

3. Is it like a miss? Is there any smoke of any kind?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
Quote:
Originally posted by n3v3tz
2)after driving the car for just a short time at normal speeds of 60mph the temp guage show the car as 3/4 hot....its been like this pretty much since we have owned it, we got it with 18k in 98 and now it has 150k, it will flucuate back to normal usually but i dont know why its in hot so long and i dont know if its a good thing
sounds like you have trapped air in the cooling system. maybe a bad t-stat.

where in TX are you?

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

ive got a lil more info for u
on problem #1- hard shift into fourth- i drove it for the past few days and it is around 45 mph and 3000-3500 rpm, it will stay they revin for a few sec (longer than it should) then jolt/slam into fourth, will that help u help me a lil better?and on #3 there is no smoke and i dont believe it is a miss, it kinda seems like it cranks and then the engine drops when it starts, as in it seems like its lifted off the frame and drops (if that makes any sense, im not sayin thats what it does, thats just so u can get the feel of my problem)

btw big mike im from new ulm, its near columbus if uve heard of either

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in