my cougies broken :( - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

my cougies broken :(

So i bought a 1992 cougar ls last may with a bad headgasket, i paid 500 bucks for it, and was out to fix it myself... so i fixed it, and well, it still runs like crap, i bought it as a winter vehical, and had full intentions of having the whole summer to get it running right, well now its getting close to that time when snow starts to fall, and i have absolutely no idea what to do. I know i'm loosing all potential buyers of it by saying this, but i think i've done more damage then good. this this will barely get up to 70, coud it just be ignition? i still heard sounds like the vacuum is all messed up, and the brakes feel good, but i still hear this hissing from under the hood. I've replaced both o2 sensors, but the car seems to be running real rich, i can smell the gas out of the exhaust, and it seems to bog down rediculous amounts, if i'm going up hill it will slow down until i switch it manually down to first gear, i still owe my dad money for this car, and he's getting annoyed quickly. I spent close to 300 reworking the heads, so i know they're good as new, as well as the water pump, the bottom end only has 87,000 miles, and the tranny was in good condition before... idno, anybody want a car? blue book says its worth like 1800 in fair condition, i'd rate this quite a bit less, but i couldn't take much less then 1000 for it. If i cant get this sold soon then i'm gonna have to sell my bird, and buy another winter car while i decide what to do with this. BLAH! someone help me please. i'd take it to a shop, but i'm sure whatever they'd want to do would cost me a fortune, but idno, maybe not. any ideas whats wrong with it? anybody interested in takin it? help me i'm so lost!!! sorry guys, just kinda depressed and i need to get something out of here, and i need to get myself out of debt. thanks for readin this rant, let me know if you can help me out. thanks

-j
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 10:18 AM

Any codes? Any chance your cats are clogged? Everything ive read sais that your cats are trash after your head gaskets get really bad. Worth a look i guess.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
First thing I'd do is pull the SPOUT plug and check the timing.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

There's a guy near me in des moines that posted a tranny and motor from a 92 for sale. you're in illinois. you could come pick it up. If you're not too far into illinois I'd even help you swap it in. I like that kinda stuff. I'll find the thread.
-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.p...threadid=29726

asking 500 obo for everything plus shipping but if you pick it up there's no shipping

Let me know whatcha think.

-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in