overheating and no heater - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

overheating and no heater

everything started out with the car not wanting to cool down.... .. thought it was a thermostat .... wrong .. well after it reching redline without a thermastat something was wrong chaged the pump and replaced the thermostat ... everthing look good till we had to use the heater ,,, turns out the heater dont work.. but before the water pump went out that thing was hot ... .also the car takes a long long time to warm up .. but as soon as it does and your on the highway their nothing cooing it down..... and the heater still dont work .... checked ,,,, evaporator,heater core... thermostat , hoses , vacum actuators..pump ,, radiator.... pressure flushed it ,,, refilled and burped the sytem,,,, and nothing.. to me it looks like the water pump and moving the water around .. i took the outlet hose on the heater to see if their was water running ,,,, but nothing thats why the heater dont work but ....but why doesnt the pump ,,,pump water into the heater... and it looks like it aint moving the water around either.... so i dont know what it could be ....changed everthing i could think of any help..

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

also the car is an 1989.... and the pump i put on was one off my 93, v6 that i used for 2 months and i put an 3.8 supercharged engine so it was good.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
please refrain from posting in multiple forums.

was the t-stat installed in the correct direction? how good is that water pump? check to see if anything has leaked out of the weep hole on the underside of the pump. if ANYTHING has leaked out, the pump is bad.

is the radiator topped off with coolant? i had overheated last week, i burped the system of air by cracking the vent plug and topped off the radiator, and that fixed the problem.

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

my bad! i didnt mean to post in the general forum i was searching for realeted post on this and was viewing one when i opened my thread i forgot i was in the general forum... but anyways yes the pump is good like i said i had used it only for 2 months.... before i mounted it on this car it has a lifetime warranty on it any how.. and yes t stat is on the correct way everythin is thats im breaking my head trying to figure this one out...........
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 08:29 AM

My car did that.

It then shortly blew a headgasket and hydro-locked the motor.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
Quote:
Originally posted by brokenmachines_e2
It then shortly blew a headgasket and hydro-locked the motor.
oliver,
any white smoke coming out of the exhaust? does the oil on the dipstick look like a milkshake? does the coolant reservior smell like gas? if so, the headgasket go bye bye.

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

nope im pertty mechanicly inclined not say i know it all tough thats why im asking for help i just cant figure this one out ... none of the symptoms u said are happening .... the only thing i havent changed is the pressure cap .. but becuase it brand new but who says the new can be defective...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
Sounds like it has an air bubble in the system if you can take off the heater core hose and it not drop any water, even with the car not running. Belts routed correctly, just another though? Let us know what's up!
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in