CE codes - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

CE codes

Okay I need some help here. I checked my codes using the 'paperclip' method and I came up with 172, 332, and 337. I looked these up on the Fault Code Definitions for EEC-IV System page and it just didn't make much sense to me.

172 - Heated oxygen sensor fault/lean bank #1
332 - Insufficient EGR flow detected
337 - EGR sensor circuit above maximum voltage

To me it seems like all of these are connected. Like it might only be one thing. Like one of the oxygen sensors is bad, or the EGR valve is clogged, or it's just the EGR sensor. I'm not sure. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 11:24 AM

The first thing you do is clear the codes, then drive the car and see if they come back if they do then start with the first code that comes up and test that component. if you find a fault in the component or in it's circutirty fix the fault remove the other codes and then drive it again to see if the codes come back. If not then it was the root problem of all the codes. If the codes come back minus the one that you addressed first, then you have at least one more problem. Just repest the procedure untill the codes come up clean. (111)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 06:37 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to rzimmerl
sounds too like the egr sensor had the same problem, just remeber to hook up the rubber hose under it, think it was like 20 bucks. your o2 prob just needs replaced

1990 SC AOD 1.7L AR....11.75 @118
441 RWHP 435 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 09:34 PM

MEMORY ERASE

To erase the memory disconnect the self test trigger while the codes are being output. You COULD also disconnect the battery but then the PCM forgets some important running characteristics.

This information is copied directly from from this page
http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html it has alot of good basic information on it you should check it out as it will explain the difference between fast codes, hard codes, and memory codes it also has istructions on how to test for codes and goes into good detail but not too much. I hope this helps you out.

Just make sure you follow the steps and eliminate one problem then, the next untill it all comes up clean the last thing you want to do is jump to conclusions and think you have taken care of the probelm by replacing a part only to find out that the part you replaced had nothing to do with the real problem and it was just a symptom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in