dash lights went out - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

dash lights went out

ok i got 2 questions here

1. My dash lights went out on my 89 LX its all digital and ive taken the dash out and checked all the plugs and fuses and i cant seem to find out what it is. Will I have to replace the whole unit or has someone had this trouble befor and can tell me what could be wrong?

2.I think my torque convertor is going out on my bird and i happen to have one laying around. Its out of my 84 cougar 3.8. Now i do belive they have the same trannys so the TC should work right? Any responce would be appericated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 02:30 PM

Have you installed an aftermarket stereo? If you did there is a blue wire behind the radio that can get pinched behind aftermarket head units and this will cause the dash to cut out.

In my case I have to pull and reinstall the fuse for the dashlights every now and then when they go out. Though the fuse never blows it solves the problem of them going out.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

as a matter of fact it did go out after i put the stero in.I was hoping that was not the problem im am getting sick of pulling the dash and radio but i guess i will pull it again and check it out. now are you talking about the fuse that goes to the fuse box under the driver side dash or are you talking about a fuse link in the wire itself???

and by the way thanks for the responce!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Jedi Master

take a look at the memory fuse in the power dist box inside the engine bay, the fuse could be burned out.

-Orlando

friends don't let friends drive Chevy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 05:25 PM

For me just pulling/reinserting the fuse under the dash works when they go out. But check the memory fuse under the hood.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Jedi Master

the one under the dash too...i just mentioned this other one cause it does affect it too... and its the one that most people forget about.

-Orlando

friends don't let friends drive Chevy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

ok so i will check the fuses and the wires and if i cant seem to find the problem i will have to bring it to someone. ok let see if we can get the torque converter question answered.

thanks again guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in