New throttle body spacer installed! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Smile New throttle body spacer installed!

I just got done putting in my poweraide throttle body spacer, it really was easy! Haven't had a chance for test drive yet because I have a bunch of calculus and meteorology homework to do, but I'll romp on it tonite going to class and tell you guys if there's a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
where did you get your tb spacer and for how much? i was thinking of putting one on. is yours for a 3.8L? good luck on homework, calculus is a b*tch aint it??

mike

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 01:54 PM

check this....

http://www.dodgedakotas.com/dcmb/Dak...posts/432.html a little info on your TB spacer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 02:21 PM

xr7kid,
Are you in college?

If you are and need help with any college level calc, pm me and I will do my best to help.

I just got finished calc one through four at drexel university.

danman
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I go to University of Oklahoma! I'll keep that in mind, I have to go all the way through calc 4 as well. - Thanks - Eric
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

OU huh?

hey xr7kid,
you arent too far from me, i'm at texas tech. you should come down to the track here one of these weekends. PM me and ill get directions for ya if your interested.

mike

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Hey! I got a brother in Texas that I'm always saying I'll go see him, if I ever do I'd like to go try out a track, I've never been to one. My friends and I had like a "racing road" we went to and that's where I kinda tested whatever mod I may have done. Then I kinda quit that, and then I started autocrossing and that's major fun! Of course I was the only MN12 out there but I did alright for myself, I was never the slowest one out there =) I even beat a ZR-1 vette one day, well, I beat the younger driver, it was like a son and pop team, the dad had me by a second or so.

Anyways, I got on it tonite after the TB spacer install, and nothing to spectacular. Poweraide claimed a 9ft/lb increase in torque but I don't think I got that much if any. Gas mileage looks like it might have increased, I filled up today so I'll give a proper report at the end of the week when I run out of gas again. But if anyone else was thinking about trying one, I got it from PowerAide, and it's the part for the '94-'95 Mustang 3.8. I called them once and they said I'd have to do some fabricating to get it to fit, but they were wrong, it fits just fine with no fabrication.
-Eric
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 01:01 AM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

what part of texas does your bro live?

there are i think 3 or 4 MN12's at the track here that i have seen (including me), we could always use another . i go almost every weekend to the track but havent raced anyone yet, hopefully i will soon.

mike

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:31 PM
The Parts Guy

Autocross

Autocross is a lot of fun with the MN12, and I know what you're talking about when you say that you're the only one out there. I've been a few times and I've yet to see another MN12 there. I was really surprised at how well my car did, with just a little suspension work an MN12 can run better than a lot of those darn imports. I'm located near St. Louis, Mo, so if any of you want to run autocross or drag race sometime, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Rod
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

I made sure to get some new springs before I went to autocross, they were the best thing I've ever bought for my car!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 03:57 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to CamellionCat
does anyone have the link to that poweraide????

im interested in the spacer i want it, how much was it???????

Marvin M.

95- Cougar- SOLD (in loving memory)
Mods-17x9 cobra r's,H&R springs,KYB shocks & struts,removed air silencer,9"K&N cone,gutted cats,dual glasspack setup,cooling fan switch, B&M 24,000 tranny cooler.

Back in the game!!!
97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC-opal opalescent with black interior, upgraded with a 98 tranny, 18x9 black saleen speedstars, LMS dual tip mufflers, 5% tints all around.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Here's the link

go here, http://www.airaid.com/spacers.html, it's part number 400-519.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 03:20 PM

Did anyone read the thread in MO_XR7s post? There is no gains whatsoever from these. Nothing. Put your money into mods that will reap a benefit.

This kind of thing has been discussed a few times in the forums here. Don't bother.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 06:18 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to jturmel
Quote:
Originally posted by XR7kid
Yeah, I go to University of Oklahoma! I'll keep that in mind, I have to go all the way through calc 4 as well. - Thanks - Eric
Another OK MN12 guy? Maybe you could meet up with us next month, quite a few of us OK guys meet up once a month for a luncheon.

1991 Sport 5.0
4R70W Converted, U4P0/SCT Controlled
[email protected], 1.948 60' - 3450 lbs
RIP 1991-2006
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:39 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Slippy103 Send a message via Yahoo to Slippy103
sounds like one of those late night info-merrcial performance mods. The tornado was a classic. I'm still getting kicks out of those elertcic "Turbos" on ebay. My brother and all his rice friends showed me one last week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in