I need u/d pulleys - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

I need u/d pulleys

I am lookin to further mod up my 3.8 lx and i was next lookin at a chip and some u/d pulleys, but i dont know the prices and what kind i should get and so on, right now i only have flowmasters and a k&n air filter so i need to step up my performance goodies cuz im tired of seein these piece of **** rice burners in my town that think there cool i wanna blow there asses away!!! So if you could gimme some tips on prices and everything else that would be so awesome, my email is [email protected] thx!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:13 PM

have you removed your air silencer???

Jay
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

im sorry i am not a car wiz i dont now exactly wut that is....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:23 PM

ok well first you will want to take you passenger side front wheel off of your car (i have been told you can leave the wheel on also but i never tried it that way)....then you have to remove/pull back some of your inner wheel well or whatever its called...ok then you should see a funny shaped black box right under you air box...ok...then raise your hood...and remove the top of of you air box (where you air filter is)...and you will see 3 bolts remove them bolts and then you should be able to pull your air silencer out...and then place everything back into place and your done.

Jay

need more info on how just ask
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

right on man is this suppose to add a few xtra ponys or somthin or is it for increased air flow and such?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:28 PM

it might give you a few extra pony but not that much...it help with air flow i think....and i was told it gives your car a better sound at idel and stuff...its just a easy thing to do and wont cost you anything to do it either.

Jay
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:11 AM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Getting back to the original question here, you can find the pulleys at any place that sells parts for a 3.8 Mustang. Try RPM Mustangs , they also have other things you might be interested in.

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:18 AM

go on ebay and buy the MAC underdrive pulley kit. some guy from Batavia, NY sells it for $65 which is a great price. Youll need to buy a $30 belt once the pulleys come in just to warn you. Remove your air silencer definitley! Go to google and type in "REmove air silencer thunderbird" and SCCoA has a page where they tell u how to do it and hwat bolts u need and stuff. Then get some Bosch plat +4 plugs off ebay along with 8mm plug wires- i got 6 of each for like 15 bucks on ebay! Then get a chip. All of this will be like 350 bucks. Also, try to lose some weight by taking out the back seats, and all the foam junk in the trunk and stuff. Then if thats not enough, get a SC. Some ricers are fast man. Especially with a manual transmission. I have like a 50-50 chance every race, because some are just posers and u could beat em walking- and some are actually runnin 13 second quarter miles.

andrew
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

hell ya man thanks for all the help,i really appreciate it, i understand what you mean about the rice burners,i see a eclipse rs around town with a real nice wing and stuff and i just cant wait for the day when i pull up next to him so i can burn his sorry foreign car buyin ***, T-BIRDS FOR LIFE!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in