ok guys chip or no chip?????? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to CamellionCat
ok guys chip or no chip??????

ok im thinking about getting me a dennis chip, i dont really want to do any major changes to my car in internal changes, i want to keep my engine mostly stock, i just want to add acouple of horses, from like intake system with filter, performance spark plugs and wires and stuff like that. Currently i have gutted my cats and i made a dual glasspack setup on the rear. Now my question on the dennis chip, what am i goign to have to change when i purchase this chip, ive heard that i have to get colder plugs and i have to get a 180 degree t-stat. But will this chip give me any performance gains like in ponies and if it will how many???????? thanks for the help guys i really appreciate the replys.

Marvin M.

95- Cougar- SOLD (in loving memory)
Mods-17x9 cobra r's,H&R springs,KYB shocks & struts,removed air silencer,9"K&N cone,gutted cats,dual glasspack setup,cooling fan switch, B&M 24,000 tranny cooler.

Back in the game!!!
97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC-opal opalescent with black interior, upgraded with a 98 tranny, 18x9 black saleen speedstars, LMS dual tip mufflers, 5% tints all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 06:43 PM
jim

would you be interested in a fairly new JET chip for the low low price of 50 bucks?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Wink sorry dude but i want a dennis chip

n/m

Marvin M.

Mods-17x9 cobra r's,H&R springs,KYB shocks & struts,removed air silencer,9"K&N cone,gutted cats,dual glasspack setup,cooling fan switch, B&M 24,000 tranny cooler.

Back in the game!!!
97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC-opal opalescent with black interior, upgraded with a 98 tranny, 18x9 black saleen speedstars, LMS dual tip mufflers, 5% tints all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 07:31 PM
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Hey, I've got a CustomChip with the same Gen II programing that Dennis uses that I could sell ya. Is your car a 94 or 95? Mine is a 94 with a distributor, so I dunno if it will work if yours is a 95 or if its a 94 with coils...most likely not if so. Either way, if you get a chip with the Gen 2 programing you will need cooler plugs and a cooler thermostat. My chip is set up for a stock 94 3.8 with removed silencer, "THE" trans mod and to run on 89 octane. I didn't notice much more power but it is much more responsive and shifts very firm.

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to joew623
I emailed fordchip.com or whatever and they told me that I wouldnt see any performance differences unless i ran 93 octane cause it sets ahead the timing. and since i have a aod tranny, it would have no effect on shifts

93 5 Speed SC with 86K miles, Black

2006 Jetta Turbo 5 speed

89 Astro Van ( Like a rock )

1995 Pontiac Firbird Formula 5.7
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Aaron K, how much did you get your chip for????

also did he steup your chip so that your fan comes on earlier????? than inbetween the O and R???? also where can i get these colder plugs can i get them from Dan Newman???? and also the t-stat is an 180 right??????

Marvin M.

Back in the game!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in