overheating - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to jlee313
overheating

i dont know y my car is overheating its not the hoses,thermo.,radiator,headgasketor cracked block or anything like that...so what could it be my timing is off a little i took it round the block burning the tires at each stop n it was boiling by the time i got back....so please dropp some mechanical insites
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 07:40 PM
5th Gear Poster

Are you sure the thermostat is the correct one and is working correctly? Checked on the waterpump? Freshly flushed radiator with all new high quality coolant? Using that pos Dexcool orange/red color coolant, if so that is possibly a reason. Is there enough coolant(common sence, better ask though) Is your fan in decient condition?

Theres lots of possibal things that would be the problem, But if its overheating alot, and youre driving it light that, be prepared to pull the heads to clean out the coolant that comes from a blown HG....

if its none of those, then I'm sure someone will come behind me, and help more.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee313
i dont know y my car is overheating its not the hoses,thermo.,radiator,headgasketor cracked block or anything like that...so what could it be my timing is off a little i took it round the block burning the tires at each stop n it was boiling by the time i got back....so please dropp some mechanical insites
thanks
We need a little more info to help you. Did you work on it recently? not likely the timing. Boiling how? Overflowing? Electric fan kicking on?

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

oh i have a 90 so its a pully fan ive checket the radiator its fine the thermo is gone so iits not stickin the waterpump isnt leakin or making a squeeling sound hoses are changed fan clutch is new fan is in great shape not a h.g the engine is fine jus rebuild not even 50 miles on it im going crazy............cant figure it out i might even take it to the shop yea im going to pay someone to work on my car that sux thanx 4 ur help..............
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee313
oh i have a 90 so its a pully fan ive checket the radiator its fine the thermo is gone so iits not stickin the waterpump isnt leakin or making a squeeling sound hoses are changed fan clutch is new fan is in great shape not a h.g the engine is fine jus rebuild not even 50 miles on it im going crazy............cant figure it out i might even take it to the shop yea im going to pay someone to work on my car that sux thanx 4 ur help..............
If the motor is that new could be tight and just needs to brake in. I would heatcycle it a few times and see if it helps. On the timing note, If the timeing was way out front it would make it lean which would run hot. Good luck.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 11:55 PM
PostWhore

Sounds familiar.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=57453

Some supercharged cars blow.......Others just pick up and move.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

How do you know its running hot? Because the gauge says so? Maybe the gauge sending unit is broken like AEDM8 had a problem with.

If its that new of a motor, maybe they didnt torque the head bolts properly and its leaking already. You could try doing a compression check to see if the headgaskets sealed correctly.

-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
How do you know its running hot? Because the gauge says so? Maybe the gauge sending unit is broken like AEDM8 had a problem with.

If its that new of a motor, maybe they didnt torque the head bolts properly and its leaking already. You could try doing a compression check to see if the headgaskets sealed correctly.

-Thomas
I think it boiled over.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

yikes. And there's no thermostat installed? Have you tried flushing the system? Did a shop repair the hg's for you? Sounds like someone messed up the hg job.
-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

i guess its guess its going to the shop ............my uncle n i dide the rebuild and the h.g. were done properly also the head bolts were torqued to specs but ino after a while u need to re-torque but it hasnt been nearly long enough.....well thanks ne-ways for the help...........
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

sorry for the miss-spelling.lol
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 06:27 PM

YOu need to retorque? Since when?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in