Need some help - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Need some help

Alrighty guys, i'm having some problems. Ive pretty much replaced everything that torn up or wore out(all new bushings, rotors, pads, two calipers, new brake lines, replaced the HG's(w/ studs), new UCA/lca's on all 4 corners, new tires, new belt, 2 new batteries, new plugs and wires, and Underdrive pullies)

I'm about to start on a Jmod this weekend, but this annoying thing has currently came up. the car "pings" at WOT. I had a SCT Chip installed in the car, but I took it off, and havent installed it abck again. I'm running 22cplugs, brand new motorcraft wires, and always run 93 oct in it. Ive reset the computer after I pulled the SCT. Currently running 2 gutted cats, into a custom y then single out the back with no muffler.(resonator was reinstalled after the Y btw) and I can really notice it now after the exhast was done.

Could it be the plugs at the colder range? I have the plugs gapped at 54thous.

I seriously doubt jsut taking the sct chip off would make the car do this, So I'm hoping i can cure it soon. So does anyone have any clues what could make my car do this?

EDIT* car has 108K miles, I'm not sure when teh last time teh fuel filter was changed, cant rememebr off the top of my head. Ive also ran Fuel injector cleaner through it, so i'm thinking Fuel filter may be the cause, possibal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

so you took the chip off and it started pinging? When I put in 32c plugs I gapped them at .60 it seemed to run the best there. You could try gapping them larger. Do you have a 180* thermostat in there?
-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 07:00 PM

So was the only change made that you took the chip out and it started pinging or did you do a bunch of stuff including taking the chip out? If you did more than one thing I would put the chip back in and see if it alters the problem. That way to can start tracking down what it is that you did that changed the way it's running.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in