Need A/C help - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Need A/C help

I just replaced my head gasket and now my A/C won't work all of a sudden. I'm not sure if it's electrical or what. The compressor won't cycle on at all. I went to Advance auto and bought a kit with a large can of freon with leak sealer and conditioner and a hose with a low pressure side gauge on it. When I put it on the low side line, it reads around 120...deep in the red zone...it should be around 40 from what I understand. Now this measurement is without the compressor even running at all. The AC is turned on and on high but the compressor won't cycle on at all and I still get this high reading. In fact it hasn't run in 2 months now, since the engine was apart for that long. (I got injured after taking off the heads and had to wait 2 months before I could reassemble everything). I was afraid to try to put in any freon for fear the can would explode in my face with that high reading.

After all that work doing the head gasket I thought I was finally done and saved a lot of money too and now this....any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Sorry for multiple posting on this, I'm new here and I couldn't figure out how to delete the other post. I wanted to change the title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 10:10 PM

Dont worry about changing titles... we're smart people. I think. =]

Sounds like maybe the clutch is toast, or at least its not plugged in.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

It sounds electrical to me too. It's plugged in at the compressor, and the plug in the pressure switch is in. I cleaned the contacts on both too. Where are the rest of the electrical connections for the compressor? Is there a fuse or link or relay?

I'm concerned about the high reading on the low side, even though the compressors not running, doesn't make sense to me. BTW, it's r134a, not freon, I should have been more specific. I had it converted 3 years ago when the compressor and condenser were replaced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in