Headgasket recall on 3.8L?? Question On Changing Engine?? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Headgasket recall on 3.8L?? Question On Changing Engine??

What's up?

I got a ?? about this recall on the headgaskets for 3.8L

I have a 94 3.8L.....If I were to install a used engine from a 97 3.8L that had less than 100,000 miles.....would i still be eligable for the headgasket recall??

How do they know it's not the original engine??

Thanks
BeirutsFinest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 07:55 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to CamellionCat
Thumbs up well........

im pretty sure they might fall for it, buttttt if they know there ford engines they'll notice that a 94-95 engine has a black intake, and has distributor, and that the 96-97 engines have a silver intake and has DIS. But its a good idea to swap that 94 engine with a 96 and newer one, since the headgaskets werent a problem. I think that when my cougie blows another h/g im going with a 96-97 engine, im not really fond of that 4.2 since its going to be a mission and cost more to be installed. Dude why this question are you worried about your h/g's??????? what im doing is flushing my coolant system every time i do an oil change, so my coolant is new. I read in that 3.8 headgasket thread that for longer durability of h/g's, your coolant should be flushed when you do an oil change.

Marvin M.

95- Cougar- SOLD (in loving memory)
Mods-17x9 cobra r's,H&R springs,KYB shocks & struts,removed air silencer,9"K&N cone,gutted cats,dual glasspack setup,cooling fan switch, B&M 24,000 tranny cooler.

Back in the game!!!
97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC-opal opalescent with black interior, upgraded with a 98 tranny, 18x9 black saleen speedstars, LMS dual tip mufflers, 5% tints all around.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Marvin...

I was asking.....cause I was thinking of buying an Engine and keeping it on the side.
I'm not having any problems.......

Also my 94 has DIS....It's a california emissions car....Even the dealer who I buy parts from was surprised that I have a DIS ignition.

Also....Marvin.......Flushing your coolant everytime you do an oil chnage is rediculous.....I know what thread your talking about...But whatt they meant was flush it evrey year.....Listen, Coolant doesn't go bad...It could last for over 5 years techniacally...but it's better to flush every 2 years or so....If a headgasket is going to go...It will go whether you flush it or not.

Don't waste your money flushing the coolant everytime you do an oil change......Trust me, don't be scared of you Head gasket.....Your car is fine...the temp thing is totally a different thing....I believe it's a guage thing....and really don't worry about it...you'll know when a headgasket is going to go.

i don't know if take your car to the track or not...But if you don't then don't worry....
The headgasket issue on this board is a little over exagerated, anytime someone can't find out why their car is getting warmer than usual ..someone mentions a HG...Relax just drive...

BeirutsFinest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to CamellionCat
Yeah i know i guess i did go overboard.

and the last time i took my car to the dealer they told me my car was fine, they ran a compression check and all, i guess your right it is a gauge thing, maybe since our cars overheated drastically when the h/g went the first time the gauge has been irratical. i guess all im going to do is a put a digital gauge when i get my side gauge pods. Also i only changed my coolant like 1,000 miles ago when i did my oil change. Now i have 105,000 on my car and the last time it was changed was when ford did my h/g's at 94,000. I know your right about changing the coolant ones a year, i just went nuts with all this fuss about the h/g's. But i know that when my engine fries again im getting me a 96-97, and im installing a supercharger.

Marvin M.

95- Cougar- SOLD (in loving memory)
Mods-17x9 cobra r's,H&R springs,KYB shocks & struts,removed air silencer,9"K&N cone,gutted cats,dual glasspack setup,cooling fan switch, B&M 24,000 tranny cooler.

Back in the game!!!
97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC-opal opalescent with black interior, upgraded with a 98 tranny, 18x9 black saleen speedstars, LMS dual tip mufflers, 5% tints all around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in