wiring Diagram on how to do... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

wiring Diagram on how to do...

Ive been wanting to hook up a relay so i can use a switch to control the radiator fan on my car. I'd like to somehow have high-off-low settings to choose from. Correct me if i'm wrong but i heard we had 2 speed fans,so tahts where the low/high settings came from. then have it set to turn off when the key is tuned off regardless of the switch position(just in case I get in a hurry and forget to turn it of after i ahve to park the car.) I have a set of autometer gauges(ultralights) that I'll be installing so i can accurately watch when i need to turn the fan on/off. I know I cant just wire a positive to the battery to a switch then to the fan then ground it off, taht will kill the fan. Can someone show me the correct way to wire this, or a kit I can buy(universal if nessicary) to splice into?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 04:57 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Um why are you wanting to rewire it? If you just want to force it to come on turn the A/C on, otherwise the stock setup is just fine.

If all else fails get a bigger hammer!

93 SC Tbird
MPII w/ Plenum,90mm MAF, 85mm TB, 40# Injectors, 255 lph FP, Double IC w/fan, SCT Chip (Tuned by Jerry),3/4" Raised Top, F52-TT TC, SilverFox AOD 550, SPT-R VB
96 1/2 XR7 Sold and Salvaged
93 5.0 Tbird
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowez
Um why are you wanting to rewire it? If you just want to force it to come on turn the A/C on, otherwise the stock setup is just fine.
Its because the Previous owner hacked on it and it runs everytime the car's key is turned to run/on(it also has a fully alluminum radiator and dual fans in place of the stock pieces). I dont have AC, I have a delete pully on in its place. I'd just like to beable to control it rather than trying to figure out all the crap the previous owner hacked. Its easier to jsut completely rewire/soder/heatshrink everything, than try to go through the hacked factory wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:28 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Understand now, I currently don't have acces to my diagram but I'm sure give Thomas a few days and he'll have them.

If all else fails get a bigger hammer!

93 SC Tbird
MPII w/ Plenum,90mm MAF, 85mm TB, 40# Injectors, 255 lph FP, Double IC w/fan, SCT Chip (Tuned by Jerry),3/4" Raised Top, F52-TT TC, SilverFox AOD 550, SPT-R VB
96 1/2 XR7 Sold and Salvaged
93 5.0 Tbird

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in