got a wierd stalling problem ??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

got a wierd stalling problem ???

well i just bought a 89 tbird with the 3.8 , yesterday it was running fine and driving perfectly , today i did wash the engine and the rest of the car , now when i drive it it stalls alot , when i start it up it starts really hard , which i think might be the battery , but when i put it i nreverse and give it gas it stalls out and makes a weird noise. so i start it back up give it a little gas and it kind of sputters and stalls. im not very good with engines so id like your help , thanks alot guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

wow , no help ? i think i may have fixed it by tightening up the battery terminal things , now i think the battery fried , stupid energizer , shoud i get an optima ?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

ahhhhhhhhhhh , i just replaced the battery terminals because the other ones were coroded so badly , but the car still starts hard and it kind of makes a thump sound , then shakes some more then starts , when it idles its idling fine but when u give it gas it sputters once in a while and stalls out. my grandfather suggets a tune up and a new starter , what do you all think ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

please help me ?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

wow , a whole day and still no help , well i been tinkerin with the car , i let it sit for a few hours , and its cold out , now i just went outside to show my gf and the car fired right up and did not sputter or stall , its like it was yesterday , whats up with it ? thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:21 PM

You probably got the electronics wet. Let it dry out for a while in the sun and see how it runs after that.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Your ignition coil might have gotten wet. Have you replaced it? I hit a puddle shortly after purchasing my 94 and didn't know the ignition coil was so bad. The car started fine as long as it was dry but as soon as it got wet...it would try to stall when I gave it gas but would idle all day just fine. (when it would start)! Try that see if it fixes that problem for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in