Checked my codes today - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Checked my codes today

This is what I've got

I have codes

327 - EGR Valve Position (EVP) sensor, Pressure Feedback EGR sensor (PFE) or EGR Pressure Transducer (EPT) -signal voltage too low.

Could this just be the EGR clogged or more specifically the hole going into the throttle body clogged or do I need to change the sensor?

536 - Brake On-Off (BOO) switch - circuit failure or not activated during Engine Run Self Test.

Don't know. I think I most likely messed up when running the codes. The book says something about activating the on off switch. Would that be just hitting the E-brake to make the light come on?

A while back before I knew to clean my MAF this car was in pretty bad shape. I thought the tranny was going because it wouldn't shift and the car would want to shut off when started. I had my friends dad check the codes on his Snap On scanner. I can't remember what all the codes were but one had to do with the fuel pump.

After we checked the codes I cleaned the MAF and the car ran fine. Would a dirty MAF cause the fuel pump to throw a code? It seems feasible in that the MAF being dirty wouldn't register the air going in so it would cut down the amount of fuel.(Right?) That's why the car was running like crap?

Would the fuel pump throw a code because of the MAF is what I'm wondering. The code didn't show up when I checked them this time so apparently it has went away.

Anyone have any input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Veteran Poster

If it's the original EGR i would say it's probably clogged. If not the EGR itself the tube may be.
With the fuel pump, it will not throw a code. But because the Maf was dirty the computer thinks it's running different then what it says which will throw a code. The fuel pump doesn't cut pressure. The filter can and also the regulator can bypass pressure if it's stuck open. or if there is a vacuum leak in the line to the regulator.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

is the 327 code a Key On - Engine Off code?

if so, look into replacing the PFE sensor.

was talking to someone before about this when I had a problem on another one of my vehicles (same general code) and they mentioned with the engine off it's typically limited to an electrical issue. Engine on and it may be mechanical.

MidwestThundercats.com
15.183 @ 91.19mph - 2.236 60' :: nothing but a tune and 103s
178.7RWHP :: 244.2RWTQ
Sold

Driving a Chevy, next is a Mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
If it's the original EGR i would say it's probably clogged. If not the EGR itself the tube may be.
The EGR valve was replaced around 2-3 years ago. The tube had a crack in it. So we pulled it off and welded it closed and put a new EGR valve on while it was off.

Quote:
is the 327 code a Key On - Engine Off code?
I got the code on KOEO and KOER
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Stevinator
sounds like you have a vacuum leak. the first thing to do would be to replace all the lines, vacuum line is so cheap, and if thats it its easy. you may not have welded it as good as you think you did, and have a leak there too. or your tranducer may have gone bad for some reason.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jda95bird
I got the code on KOEO and KOER
still could be the DPFE sensor (gets my vote).

MidwestThundercats.com
15.183 @ 91.19mph - 2.236 60' :: nothing but a tune and 103s
178.7RWHP :: 244.2RWTQ
Sold

Driving a Chevy, next is a Mustang.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
had codes 326 and 327 last year about this time. come this past march the codes went away and the car ran fine again.

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in