TCCoA Forums banner

HELP oil leak

693 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  big mike 
#1 ·
christmas day i was showing out doing some donuts and i start noticing my car started making knocking noise between 2500 +rpm. i drive it home easy. and i go to start it this morning it ran fine for a min then all the oil jus dumped out. now i wuz over a oil change like 600mi. and my car is a 94 na v6 with 147,ooo mi. could anyone help me out please. do u think it can b fixed cheap. if not i plan to just dump the v6 for a 5.0. thanks

#2 ·
Can you see where the oil is leaking from? Did the underside of the car hit anything while doing donuts? There's several places oil can leak from....

For example: check if the drain plug and/or oil filter is loose or missing. Check if the oil filter and pump housing is damaged. Check if the oil pan is cracked/damaged....

Please note that these are simply ideas, as I am not too familar with the 3.8L engine. I am certain others who are can add some additional thoughts on this.

#4 ·
well, i would spray it down with degreaser and see where it's leaking from. if it's from the rear main seal, your screwed. see where it leaks from. i know recently on mine i had to replace the O ring on the oil pump, and i was leaking pretty bad there. also check on that sump where the oil pan meets the timing chain. those are some areas where ALL (a great deal i assume is what you mean by all) could be leaking from.

#6 ·
like steve said, spray some degreaser on there (oil pan, oil pump, rear main area, drain plug, timing cover) and scrub it clean. it may help to hose down the underside with a pressure washer. change the oil while you are it. go over and check to see if any bolts are loose. you must locate that leak.

if you choose to do a 5.0 swap, i have many stock parts to help you get started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.