Oil in exhaust - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Oil in exhaust

I went to put my car in the garage tnight. (I parked it outside when I got hoem from school thinking I might leave again) Well, i went to put it away and after i back in and shut off I notice a little drip by the exhaust. It appears to be really runny motor oil (looks like black watercolor paint). I checked my oil and it's the same level it was when i checked a couple days ago. So I started it back up and revved it a bit. More was around when I revved it. Any idea what could be causing this. I'd think HG's with water in the exhaust but it's like watery oil. I have no clue. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:57 PM

Black water just driping out of the tailpipe is nothing to worry about in colder weather....... if its running out then you have a problem.....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

So it's water from the combustion, then it just picks up carbon and crap in the exhaust?
That's a relief.
Cause after school today I took the long way home so the car was at operating temp for a few minutes (in the morning it's barely to the middle of the gauge by the time i get to the lot) so when I checked it after that there was nothing.
Thanks, it felt like it was watery oil so I never thought about any other possibility of what it might be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 04:05 PM
jim

oil would not make it that far out without evidence of burning...like you said...its just water picking up some carbon probably

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in