New cylinder heads for 3.8/4.2L motors.... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

New cylinder heads for 3.8/4.2L motors....

Hey guys, check out the poll we have going on at SCCOA.

New Cylinder Heads Link.

We are talking with a company that makes cylinder heads for some of the more obscure American products like Pontiac and Buick. This company has the ability to manufacture a brand new cylinder head that would withstand any amount of HP we'd be able to conjure up as well as flow much more than even the best 3.8 head currently do.

It's an ambitious project that would require a new intake manifold and we are working on that too. If you'd be interested in something of this nature, post below or feel free to vote on the poll we already have going. I'll be here to answer any questions so fire away!

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 04:01 PM

Of course I'd be interested, that is if I didn't have to sell my first 3 children into slavery to pay for these products. I'll be keeping an eye on it...

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ainline41
id be interested depending on cost as well, that is a slightly high price for heads, but then again for what numbers it should put out, i dont think it would be that bad, if it made as much power as claimed i would buy within the next year (its showing the poll results for me, not letting me vote) i definately am behind the r&d of new products for our cars that would expand and evolve our possibities, great idea, price could drop a little bit, but like i said, if there were solid numbers on a finished product, id be sure to purchase

Last edited by Ainline41; 10-10-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Stevinator
yeah cost is a factor, a big factor. but it is interesting and i say go for it bro! if i weren't buying a 427 for my bird, i would totally get a set.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stevinator
yeah cost is a factor, a big factor. but it is interesting and i say go for it bro! if i weren't buying a 427 for my bird, i would totally get a set.
Ah common, you don't seriously think a 427 will keep up with a highport 3.8L now do you?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainline41
id be interested depending on cost as well, that is a slightly high price for heads, but then again for what numbers it should put out, i dont think it would be that bad, if it made as much power as claimed i would buy within the next year (its showing the poll results for me, not letting me vote) i definately am behind the r&d of new products for our cars that would expand and evolve our possibities, great idea, price could drop a little bit, but like i said, if there were solid numbers on a finished product, id be sure to purchase
The price is listed to get an idea of the interest only. The heads themselves may or may not cost that much but a head swap is likely going to run somewhere in that neighborhood by the time you are done even if the heads are significantly less.

Even at a seemingly high price, the heads will offer a better HP/dollar investment than most anything else you can do. You have to keep that in mind when considering the cost factor of stuff like this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:32 PM
6th Gear Poster

Not for that price. (I realize you were just looking for intrest)

The 3.8 split port head seems to work wonders for the NA 3.8, not to mention the few that have boosted applications. Why not design an intake to fit the blower and those heads? That would be a lot cheaper in the long run.

1993 LX 5.0
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 PM

All we need is a good exhaust port, a 1/2-3/4" raised exhaust port would still work with stock/existing manifold/headers and great increase exhaust flow. Give me a CNC ported head with all the hardware that bolts on 100% with stock parts and I'll be a happy camper, 100's of people like me have alot of ALL of time and money invested into porting and building intake manifolds that bolt on to the stock intake ports and any aftermarker head would need to do so also to be able to sell a decent quantity of them. A set of heads that flow 280/240 with GOOD low lift numbers by using raised exhaust ports, bigger valves, AND allow the use of stock intakes would be perfect for 90+% of the people that would purchase them. Thats plenty of airflow for just about any combo out there IMO. My whole setup is still corked by my exhaust ports which flow ~160cfm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in