its about time - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

its about time

Man, Ifinally got around to ripping out the dang silencer. I also bought the K&N filter( that bad boy was 50 bucks!) Cranked it right up and call me crazy, but you could actually tell the difference right when I pulled out of my driveway(only in America do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway) and I was impressed. Thanks for the how to of how to do it. It didnt take long at all! But that dang thing is so bulky.It makes me wonder, why they ever put it in there!

Later,
TANK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 10:20 AM

cool...

I didnt notice a difference in power when i removed the silencer, but the K&N improved power a lil bit

Now, if you havent already done it, put an exhaust system on there and you'll really feel a difference
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 10:26 AM

I swore that I could tell the difference when I replaced mine with a K&N, but I'm crazy too. Really though, maybe it's noticeable on a 3.8L because the intake is so tiny. The end of that air silencer is pretty damn small.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Already done the exhaust! I know this is a dumb question but now that I have removed the silencer, am I gonna have problems with a lot more dirt buildup on the air filter?

-TANK
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 02:16 PM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
well its likely that more dirt is going to build up on your filter now that your air silencer is gone, but that dirt wont get into your engine. this may sound strange, but the more dirt that builds up on your filter, the better it performs. think about that. i have a k&n cone on the end of my maf and no silencer, and i did notice a difference in power and sound. the only thing i would be cautious of is hauling *** thru puddles. i would try to avoid them or drive slower thru them so you dont end up soaking your filter. hope this helps.

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Hey Big Mike,
Thanks man!, I also have a K&N on my 1999 Dodge Ram and I have been wanting to toss one in the bird, but I waited until last night when I could get around to yanking the dang silencer out. thanks for the suggestion about the puddles, we have been getting our fair share of rain down here.
-TANK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in