fuel line disconnect - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Angry fuel line disconnect

I am trying to swap out my 3.8 liter cause it decided to throw a rod and I cant figure out how to disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel rail to save my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
fuel line disconnect tool helps. auto parts stores have them.

Project still in progress
Explorer engine, vortech v2,intercooled,bullit intake,derale power steering cooler, b&m trans cooler, oil filter relocation, cobra aluminum radiator, Walbro 255 Pump, Intrax 2in lowering springs, KYB front/back,,mark8 Driveshaft, 1.25Rear sway bar, 3:73 aluminum diff, TrackLok, Rear Diff Cover Brace, Sc Wheels 235/60s, Jmodd, Air Bags in Springs,Rear strut Bar,17in Mirror Blk CobraRs, Sc L Brackets, rear torsional load brace, kmember-frame brace, weightloss program, pbr dual pistons drilled/slotted, stainless lines , recaro seats, sct x4 DonL tuned
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Veteran Poster

and they can be a pain in the but I couldn't get one apart and so i just took the fuel rail off the engine and hung it over the fender. Then while letting the car run when finished the fuel line separated good thing i had the hood open while waiting for it to warm up

93 LX: 89 SC rear sway, Tokico drop kit, JBA headers,ported and polished Edle Brock intake,ported e7's, E303 cam, Cold air intake,75mm TB,03 Lmaf, TwEECed T4M0, smog pump & ac delete, under drive pulleys, msd 6a, 1.7 ratio roller rockers, electric fan, 3.27 trac lok, 5spd, aluminum drive shaft, digital cluster converted to analog and it works!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

how does the fuel line disconnect work? I have seen them before put am clueless as to how it is going to disconnect the line.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 02:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
you need a tool to release the spring inside the line that lets you pop the filter off.

Most fords are like this.

They sell a plastic tool, and a metal one.

I've used both, but the metal one is a little more durable.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Baby Huey

The tool just slides in around the line and theyll pop loose.

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
i used a crayola marker cap, cut it vertically and slid it over the line and the lines seperated, this is very very ghetto but it was free and it works.

-Matt
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
i used a crayola marker cap, cut it vertically and slid it over the line and the lines seperated, this is very very ghetto but it was free and it works.
LOL I never heard of anyone doing that!!! It only cost like 3 bucks for the plastic disconnect tools.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 02:27 PM

even better, you can cut the ring off of a plastic coke bottle cap and wrap it around the connection, then just push it up in there, it'll let it go everytime. I have never done it any other way.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Ive used them many many times. I have a set of plastic ones and theyve worked perfectly fine and didnt cost very much. ( they also work on AC lines if you need to remove those, the set is good because different lines can be different sizes also )
Sometimes its a little harder to get lines apart that have been together for a while .. I put the tool against the spring and use plyers to squeeze it into the end to expand the spring .. then twist and pull, then the lines should come right apart.

- Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in