gas pedal problem, ect. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy gas pedal problem, ect.

Alright I finally managed to get my 3.8 back into the bird but now I have encoutered a couple annoying problems. First and formost is the throttle cable slack. The motor i replaced was a 95 3.8 with cruise control with a 93 3.8 that did not have cruise. Since the cable would not hook up to the 93 throttle body so i swapped the 95 tb and now there is slack in the accelerator cable. How do I adjust the cable to get all my pedal back? Second thing is where does the vacuum line on the EGR go to on 93 3.8? I tried comparing to the old motor but the new one does not have the same part the old line goes to. Finally, how many O2 sensors does each motor have? I have an extra O2 sensor plug hanging down on the driver side but only one sensor on that side and it is plugged in. Sorry for the long rambling question. Thanks for any and all help. It feels good to have the bird back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 11:53 AM

As far as the cruise control goes, you could always cut the cable and then connect the two ends with a clamp. I assume you are talking about the vacuum tube on top of the EGR? If so, it runs into a hole in the firewall. I'm not exactly sure where it goes after that. I also believe that your '95 engine had an electronically controlled EGR valve. There won't be a place for you to connect that vacuum line. I could be wrong though. There are two oxygen sensors on the '93, one on each side, they are both before the catalytic converters. On your 95 there are 3, 2 before the catalytic converters and 1 after.

Last edited by scotteiboi; 03-20-2007 at 12:00 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

its not so much the cruise I am worried about as much as the accelerator cable. Judging by your response there is no way to adjust the cable

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in