TCCoA Forums banner

87 Turbo Coupe Value

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  RustinpeiceSC 
#1 ·
I have my eye on an 87 Turbo Coupe with 57k and auto tranny. Color is Burgandy with the grey interior. Unfortunately it has a tremendous amount of rust, to the point that most of the rear quarter is rusted away, one gas tank strap is rusted thru and just hanging, the outer door skins are shot as they have separated at the bottom seam due to rust. Basically i think the body is totally shot. The motor seems to run good and the tranny shifts fine. The interior has a few small issues, hood pull lever broke away from it's mount, door panel issues, and a couple burn marks on the rear seat. Everything seems to work as it should. The front cover, lights, and hood are in good shape. Wheels have fading/chipping in the finish.

Anyway, at this point i think it is just a parts car. I know it's hard to put a value on something that you have not seen, but i am wondering what you guys think and how much it should bring.

I am into SuperCoupes and have not owned a Turbo Coupe in 14 years.

Any input is appreciated.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Thanks,
Randall

See less See more
#3 ·
Turbo Coupe

Hey, Thanks for the reply. He wants alot more than that. It did seem to run good and shift well, but i think the body is not worth fixing, it is really rusty.

It would be good to have for the motor.

Any other input?

Thanks,
Randall

#6 ·
No , keep looking , dont get into a rust bucket car , no matter what the price is , you will have so much into it , just trying to fix the rust . Best to look at a west coast car and have it shipped. That is the best way to go , trust me , I have done it a few times . May pay alittle more but is way worth it in the long run . .....................DW

#7 ·
pnyklr said:
buy a regular 87 Tbird and switch a roni?

did you check out that cougar?
I just always liked the turbo cars. I really want a 85-86 Cougar XR-7 with the 2.3 turbo.

I have not had the chance to check out that Cougar yet. Maybe this weekend.

Randall

#8 ·
Ballman said:
No , keep looking , dont get into a rust bucket car , no matter what the price is , you will have so much into it , just trying to fix the rust . Best to look at a west coast car and have it shipped. That is the best way to go , trust me , I have done it a few times . May pay alittle more but is way worth it in the long run . .....................DW
Hi, I am on the same page as far as trying to fix the rust buckets. I just figured there is a good motor and interior there to play with, if i could get it cheap enough and find another Turbo Coupe that had a good body and needed drivetrain parts.
This guy wants way more than a hundred and i think it is not worth it, so he can keep it.

Thanks for the input.
Randall

#9 ·
RustinpeiceSC said:
I am into SuperCoupes and have not owned a Turbo Coupe in 14 years.

Any input is appreciated.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Thanks,
Randall
You had a TC when you were 11?

#12 ·
Cougar

pnyklr said:
I went to look at that xr7 today for you to get a better idea of where it was I ended up having to get back to work before I got there
I still have not gotten over there yet either. Maybe today if i can get some time.

Randall

#13 ·
I looked at posts as your age. It showed 25. Minus 14 = 11. Ha.

I had been drinking so you have to excuse me.

#16 ·
95 SC 5spd

rbrown said:
I remember I asked you about your selling the 95 a while back. Still have it eh?
Yeh, i still have it. I posted it up for sale over on SCCOA the other day with pics. It seems the time has come to really sell it, unfortunatley. Asking $3500.00.

Let me know if interested.

Randall

#17 ·
If it under 500 bucks buy it and strip it, same the engien trans and any TC related stuff you think you may use, then go and search fro a TC or cougar wither blown motor tranny, or etc, buy ti do the swap to the most updated TC engien buy ford, sell what every parts ar eleft over for profit and use the profit topwards the car or your pocket. ive never done ti personalyl but seen poepl do it, i cant part TC unles i destroyed it (reason im on #4)

#18 ·
BJL said:
If it under 500 bucks buy it and strip it, same the engien trans and any TC related stuff you think you may use, then go and search fro a TC or cougar wither blown motor tranny, or etc, buy ti do the swap to the most updated TC engien buy ford, sell what every parts ar eleft over for profit and use the profit topwards the car or your pocket. ive never done ti personalyl but seen poepl do it, i cant part TC unles i destroyed it (reason im on #4)
buy mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.