TCCoA Forums banner

Speedcal for newer trans

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  VicRattlehead 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I sure hope so because that is the unit I got for my swap but haven't installed it yet.

#3 ·
Either one of those will work-the first one you linked is what I have.
JL

#4 ·
thanks. this is the confirmation i was looking for.

#5 ·
Lonnie sent me the one with the circular connector, not the D-shape like the connector on our cars.....this shouldnt matter should it? i mean, it just splices in between the EEC and the VSS regardless of connector shape, right?

btw, just saw your new times in your sig JL....nice!

#6 ·
It doesn't look right until you have it all apart and read the instructions,then it makes sense.
JL

#9 ·
Yes,it should work fine.
JL

#11 ·
quick question for all the speedcal owners....

i got a mustang trans, and a 3.73 over the stock 3.27 rear end my car came with.....both factors to throw the speedo off!

what setting do i apply to it? no instructions really on the settings for that application

#12 ·
It's very simple really....
Stock gear for the mustang is a 3.27 with a purple 21 tooth speedo gear.
So,use the speedcal program in dallas mustang's website and use the mustang stock tiresize of 245/45/17,21 tooth speedo gear,and a 3.27,then put in your gear,tiresize,and use the same 21 tooth purple speedo gear. That'll give you the configuration you need for the dip switches.
JL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.