TCCoA Forums banner

intrax spings

793 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sCrEaMiN BiRd 
#1 ·
so i have a set of intrax lowering spings in my car right no. the front is supposed to be dropped 2", and the rear 1.8"

the rear is lower than the front!!anyone know how to get it to look even, and no its not the look of the body line, the rear is way lower than the front.
ive let them settle, been a month, whats up?
\
anyone else have this problem, and how did you fix it?

it has been on a lift by the way, since the lowering, so maybe it needs to settle some more?

#3 ·
serously its been a month at least? i dont know for sure, but i dont think that putting it on a lift would make the springs need to settle again...yes?...no?

#4 ·
doesnt SCP have airlift bags. lift it up alil and help wheel hop too.. i allso have 2'' intrax and its pretty low. back a lil lower seems like.

#6 ·
yeah but i like it low...

i would mind wheel hop deletion..might have to cut it...

how much did you cut the eibachs? screamin bird?

#7 ·
I cut a quarter coil off of the front. Took about a 1/4" from the front. At the same time i replaced my front struts with KYB's. With the eibachs i actually wouldn't mind cutting all my springs a little more. I kinda wish i went with intrax springs. The eibachs are not low enough at all. Needs to be about 1/2" lower, maybe more, on all 4 corners (this is after i cut my springs in the front).

#8 ·
I dont like the spring rate on the intrax they need to be stiffer there pretty much just for looks but I do like the ride height

#9 ·
Did you have the weight of the car on the lower arm when you tightened everything up? It made a big difference on mine. It didn't look right when I tightened down everything with the suspension hanging.

I loosened up everything (UCA bushing to tower, lower shock mount are the main 2) and jacked up the suspension under the spindle until all the weight was on it then did the lower shock mount and the UCAs. Not only did it seem to settle right away to a better height, but it was quieter also.

#12 ·
I did this also. Loaded the suspension before tightening everything. For whatever reason my car still sat high in the front. So i ended up cutting my eibachs as i said before. But i have tried this technique on some of my other cars before and it did seem to level out the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.