Official Roush/SVO/FRPP Supercharger Registry Post - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Post Official Roush/SVO/FRPP Supercharger Registry Post

Hi everyone. Those who have been checking in regularly here will know about my research into the SVO supercharger scene since I acquired one last winter. The culmination of all my research is that there were a lot of open ended questions, and due to the time lapsed and poor record keeping, very few answers. The only way to answer them is to start tracking the ones that still exist, and the ones we know about.

Why do this?

Iím sure Iím not the only owner of one of these units to ask a lot of questions or wonder about the history/production statistics of them. The purpose of starting a registry is to answer a lot of questions like: How many SVOs/Roushes/FRPPs were made total? How many are there in each variety (part numbers, name plates, or NPI/PI)? How many genuine Roush Stage3 cars were there? How many upgraded S1/S2 cars? How many over the counter Roush kits? What are the highest/lowest serial numbers made? Were they built in batches? How big? How many were sold? How many were destroyed? Itís likely we wonít get all the answers, but each one adds to the mystique of the kits. If you are looking to purchase an SVO unit, this would help verify the unitís condition and status as well.

What do you need to join?

Iíll be maintaining the database with as much info as I can muster from each unit. There will be several fields for each manifold.

Owner - Message board names are fine
Cast name - SVO, Ford Racing, Roush
Part number - D461, M462, M463, etc.
Ports - NPI/PI
Serial number - This is the BQxxxxxx number from the sticker on the snout. Most of these seem to be on the middle plate, towards the drivers side of the casting.
Stenciling - On the back by the rotor area. Some units had the BQ number here, some had a ď# XXXĒ, some may not have anything.
Painted or not - If so, what scheme?
Vehicle itís installed in - This matters more for the Roush units, but itíll help distinguish them.
Any known history - I bought it in 2010, previous owner bought it new from xxxx, or if it was taken off a Roush car, etc. Everything helps.

To join, you may post up your info here, or private message me if youíre not comfortable with doing that. Email is fine, but Iím not posting my email on the boards to keep the spam level down. PM me if you would like that route. Pictures are a big plus, and thereís no such thing as too many. I understand not every unit will have an answer for every field, but try to be complete as we can.

After we get a few entries, I'll be able to answer any/all questions about production statistics here, to the best of my knowledge. For info on their history, I'll be keeping that up to date separately in my other post here: Info on Roush/SVO/FRPP SC units
Thanks to everyone who participates, and pass this along to anyone you know who has one to add.

Tom

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

First entry

I’m posting up my info as an example:

Owner – Silver95Bird
Cast name – Roush
Part # - D461
Ports – NPI
Serial number - BQ06806
Stenciling – BQ06806 stenciled between the rotors on the rear.
Painted – No
Vehicle – Currently not installed, eventually to go in a 96 Mustang GT
Known history – Purchased not installed from a co-worker Nov 2014. He purchased in similar circumstances in summer of 2014. Prior to that unknown.

Tom

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.

Last edited by Silver95Bird; 07-14-2015 at 05:56 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 04:00 PM
Voice/Data Guru

For the right price ,I can make you a web site

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I appreciate the plug, but this should be pretty simple to keep up with. I found two online that have changed hands, and had good enough pictures to add to the list. I wonder who has them now, lol. So far, it looks like the serial numbers are not sequential, but the second Roush one I found also stenciled the BQ number in the rear. The SVO I found had a #230 stenciled in the back, I wonder if there were really that many made. That would exceed my expectations. It's a fun research project.

Tom

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 11:34 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I have one of these, but it is installed on a car. Is any of this stuff accessible without blowing it all apart? I'm honestly not familiar with it at all. I bought the car at auction over a year ago and have yet to make time for it.

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now on the road!!

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 12:11 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver95Bird View Post
I appreciate the plug, but this should be pretty simple to keep up with. I found two online that have changed hands, and had good enough pictures to add to the list. I wonder who has them now, lol. So far, it looks like the serial numbers are not sequential, but the second Roush one I found also stenciled the BQ number in the rear. The SVO I found had a #230 stenciled in the back, I wonder if there were really that many made. That would exceed my expectations. It's a fun research project.

Tom
You should be able to get the info on this one :
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Motorspor...ATCHING_ACTIVE

Maic.

My idea of "help from above"... Is a sniper on the Roof
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco1385 View Post
I have one of these, but it is installed on a car. Is any of this stuff accessible without blowing it all apart? I'm honestly not familiar with it at all. I bought the car at auction over a year ago and have yet to make time for it.
The sticker (if it's not been painted over) should be on the driver's side, on the middle plate of the snout. It'll be a bar code sticker with NCC7701AE most likely on top, and the BQ number in smaller print below the bar code. The stencil (if any) is usually located between the two core plugs on the rear where it's machined flat. You may have luck using a mirror back there if it's on a car, I know space is at a premium on mn12s. The rest is fairly obvious.

Tom

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 05:35 PM

Owner - JasonD98GT
Cast name - Roush
Part number - D461
Ports - NPI
Serial number - Will update
Stenciling - Will update
Painted or not - No
Vehicle itís installed in - 1998 Mustang GT
Any known history - I bought it in 2002, it sat on a garage shelf until 2013. Installed now and runs beautifully.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 04:01 PM

Garage
I know that Roush at least still has records, so why not just ask?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:10 PM

Owner Ė Adaneshade
Cast name Ė Roush
Part # - D461
Ports Ė NPI
Serial number - UNKOWN
Stenciling Ė UNKNOWN.
Painted Ė Black Powder Coat
Vehicle Ė '97 Saleen s281 (97-71B)
Known history Ė Purchased from Saleen club member. Was installed on a 98 Saleen previously (not made to fit that motor) and popped the motor. Previous history unknown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190319_190257.jpg (4.75 MB, 2 views)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:35 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Owner - Trunk Monkey
Cast name - SVO
Part number: M-6066-D461
Ports - NPI/PI
Serial number:
Stenciling - #279
Painted or not - Unpainted
Vehicle it’s installed in - Currently not installed.
Any known history - I bought it in 2009 from JamesD. In the summer of 2015 it was destroyed when my motor blew up due to a dropped valve. It has sat in storage at RobertP's shop since then.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusionģ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in