TCCoA Forums banner

So who would you buy a Vortech from

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  90 sc 460 
#1 ·
#2 ·
All I see is: "Includes V1-S or V2-SQ S-Trim supercharger head unit your choice."
Are you exactly sure you get everything for $2500, because I'm not reading it that way.
If I'm not mistaken, a tuner kit has less parts then a normal kit because you add the fuel pump, injectors, chip, etc your self.

#3 ·
You have to buy all of the extra stuff in addition to that kit...Jack K is right. I have seen full kits go for 1500 used...might want to check there.

Russell

#5 ·
Im sorry I typed that wrong I meant to say everyhing besides the chip , fuel pump and injectors.

#7 ·
I just got off the phone with the guy Jack there and it looks like a cool place since they deal directly with SCT tuning. He also made me a good deal on the kit itself.
not sure now if I should go with the FMU and 24lb injectors or a boost sensitive FPR and 42 lb injectors.

#8 ·
fmu is gay. Whats the fuel pressure regulator for?

Just look at someones feedback on ebay, that usually tells the whole story.

Don't be afraid to lowball these guys on these kits, i bet they are making a killing on them.

I would go for the super quiet blower for your car.

JH

#10 ·
The boost sensitive FPR supposedly is required if your going to use the 42lb injectors, thats what I was told It adjusts the fuel pressure depending on boost. Im not sure about everything on it. The guys have excelent reviews and also deal with SCT directly. The guy who I spoke with was named jack and he knows Jerry personally. Im not sure how much they are makeing but I have looked around and they have the cheapest prices I have found so far. If anyone knows of a place that might be cheaper and has as good of reviews as this compant please let me know thanks.

#11 ·
I would be VERY sceptical of someone claiming to know Jerry and saying you should use an FMU. The whole point of what you can do with an SCT tune is to ditch the workaround of a FMU. Jerry did my tune and I am using 30# injectors no FMU

#12 ·
he said I didnt need the FMU only if I used the 24lb injectors, He did say somthing about there being 2 types of computers. he might not know everything but his review is good and so is his price. Im gonna call SCT before I buy this kit to see about a few things and Ill ask them what I need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.