1) New Tranny Cooler a good idea after rebuild, many Threads on that - I used Ford Service Manual that covered assy, etc, w/no probs.
2)Yeah I know what you mean, all the Articles are good but none perfect - I literally printed them all out in color & Jerry's Epistle & tippy-toed thru the JMOD using them all simultaneously - There are a couple TCCOA Articles on Jmod plus one that BlackIceLSC did here & God knows how many others:
3) Certainly converse / PM one of the true gurus here, Dirty Dog, Darrin, RobertP, etc... as each application would call for some parts tweaks here & there - Things like the newer Teflon Accumulators & some of the Sonnax upgraded parts or even any mention of a newer than 2000 VB
are'nt in Jerry's Article (it was obviously done a few years ago) ... Keep in mind too that all the Servos & Electrics don;t come in O/H Kit so... those guys can let you know if you'd be best advised to use a certain style part for your "plans" & they can order them for you, including TC of course.
4) I'm real happy how my 96 turned out but I'm just running stock motor - I personally would have to go thru the Tranny internals thoroughly before I went thru the "fun" of putting one in~!
5) - Review Jerry's Article again & below to double check how 97 compares to 96 but I think Darrin is correct:
- Possibly between the 2 is one great Tranny w/few Hard Part Costs - Good luck...