HELP! I think I am an idiot.... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

HELP! I think I am an idiot....

and shouldn't have attmepted this transmission swap. i am utterly confused at this point. I have a rebuilt 03 mustang 4r70w (long story), that will "bolt right up to a mustang" according to the builder. What all needs to be done to put it in my 95 t-bird. I know about the MLPS and alread have that. I thought I had to replace the TCC solenoid, but the person that built the transmission said it is imossible to put the old TCC solenoid in the new transmission. Hence, my confusion. Does the internal wiring harness need to be replaced with an older one? I have searched the site(multiple times) and read the tech article and the only suggestions regarding 2003 transmissions I could find was "don't get one", but I am beyond that unfortunately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Seth

BTW- - I do have the correct output shaft installed already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

AFAIK, yes, you have to change the MLPS, the TCC solenoid, and re-pin the harness connector. You may also have to change form the circuit board connections to the older-style wire connections. Somebody will pipe in here and let you know, I'm sure.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetKeym View Post
You may also have to change form the circuit board connections to the older-style wire connections.
Herein lies my problem I believe. I hope someone will chime in. I am aware of the MLPS and repinning harness and already have those accomplished.

Thanks.
Seth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
You're not an idiot. Your just an uneducated, incompetent, country bumpkin' Mississippi transplant. Idiots work for BP

Give RobertP a call in the morning (around 9 am EST) he'll be able to help ya out. His number is on his website - link in my sig.

Good luck getting it worked out. Sorry you're having such trouble with it. I thought you'd be done by now.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

thanks trunk. I've moved up in the world. i live above arkansas now. :P I think i got my questions answered. I talked to Alan. I think there has been something lost in translation when speaking with the transmission person i have been dealing with. He probably is not used to having to cut stuff to make it fit. i hope to be done with it soon enough. i hope to get the torque converter from alan via ups tomorrow. It just depends on what time it gets here.

thanks

seth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in