valvebody checkball - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
valvebody checkball

well, got the valvebody off, pulled the seperatorplate, and as im putting the valvebody out of the way it slips and i dropped all the fracking checkballs into the trans passages.... got 7 of them out, but the 8th has disapeared somewhere, pretty sure it went down in one of the many holes and its up inside... i checked everywhere on the garage floor...

so, i guess my question is, since its a little plastic ball you think it will get sucked up into the trans and cause issues, i know if it comes back into the valvebody intact it will... i asked around and the trans shops i talked to say it should get chopped up and sucked into the filter eventually( as long as it went into the right hole). not really keen on tearing the tailshaft off and pulling the guts out for a little 3/16 rubbery ball -_-

and plus, if i decide to just put it back together, where am i gonna get anouther checkball? doubt i can go to my local parts store and buy one....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
How did you drop a check ball into you transmission, is it out of the car or something ??
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
yeah, my old 95 is a core up in omaha somewhere, this is my used Mk8 97 i got to replace it. pulled the valvebody off so i could Jmod it, and.... yeah.... this happend....

ive got it sitting on the garage floor upsidedown with the tailshaft propped up on a paintcan, and a towel covering the exposed passages when im not touching it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 12:36 PM
4th Gear Poster

Flip it over and tap with a rubber mallet till it falls out??

Ϣr

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
4.6L DOHC; meter4it.com chase/sequential tail lights; 20" Giovanna Dalars; 4.30 gears; FRPP Track-Lok; SCT tuned; Baumann ReCal; Addco bars; Cobra brakes...

RIP - '86 Mark VII LSC
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
yeah, i rolled it over and rocked it back-and-forth countless times, maybe i should find my deadblow and smack it a few times while its right-side-up. suppose it couldnt hurt.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:20 AM
4th Gear Poster

A local trans shop might give you one or two for lil to nothing...

Ϣr

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
4.6L DOHC; meter4it.com chase/sequential tail lights; 20" Giovanna Dalars; 4.30 gears; FRPP Track-Lok; SCT tuned; Baumann ReCal; Addco bars; Cobra brakes...

RIP - '86 Mark VII LSC
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
yeah, i suppose so, but that still dosent get the one in the trans out. i dont like the thought that it might get pulled back into the valvebody intact and cause damage. not exatly sure what hole it might have gone into, and im assuming some of those come back int othe valvebody instead of leaving twords the packs and planetaries.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 PM
4th Gear Poster

hmm, yes I see what you mean. I don't know what to suggest other than keep trying with the rubber mallet, or worst case get some gaskets and drop the valve body again and see if that makes difference? Your positive it fell inside it and not on the floor somewhere, I know I've searched for things I thought were in the wrong spot for a while

Ϣr

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

RIP - '86 Mark VII LSC
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to CovShArK
your def. in a predicament.. i wouldn't stop searching until i find that check ball especially i u think it fell into the trans. If would be devastating to think that a .10 checkball would ruin a $1000 trans. rubber mallet tap would be the best i could think of.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Garage
yeah, were kindof at a standstill at the moment, till we can get a few things, and drill out the seperator, but i think we've just decided pop the front cover off an pull the guts out tll we find it, then put it all back in(if we dont find it, must not be ing their, and we'll have to find anouther one somewhere).... give me a chance to look at the packs and make sure i dont have any bad thrusts or something...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 PM
6th Gear Poster

Question

Well you get nice shiny new Check Balls in D/Dogs rebuild Kit & you have the thing open anyway so....?

GET OFF MY LAWN~! ... & Let's not forget guys... There's still a dead Imaginary Ex-Girlfriend out there...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in