changed transmission now no spark and no fuel - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

changed transmission now no spark and no fuel

every thing is connected, the car ran fine until i replaced the tranny, it turns over just fine but has no spark and the fuel pump isnt kicking on. i can hear the relay clicking on behind the passenger headlight. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
PostWhore

Is the neutral safty switch on the new tranny any good? That's probably it..

1995 Tbird ~ 02 explorer SVO 4.6 Sold
1986 built/restored notch body mustang ~ appears as a 91+ built 5.0 gt40p, Ud pullies, ss headers, msd everything, arp head bolts, 1.7 crane roller rockers, B303 cam, Holley carb, high rise intake,5 speed, steeda everything. Sold
2001 GT BULLITT #00762 stock
2000 GT ~ 310 rwhp on mustang dyno. 08 2v, super low miles, comp 262 cams, bbk ud pullies, ported bullitt intake/accufab TB, 24# injectors, dyno tuned, 3inch pypes catless x pipe system, cobra brakes, coated cross & drilled rotors, Cobra r hood, 99-01 cobra front bumper, & 01-04 side scoops, dropped
2003 z71 avalanche fully loaded
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 04:38 PM

Make sure your grounds are good. Some wiring might have gotten screwed up during the swap. If not, the CCRM (the box of relays that's clicking) might be bad.

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

When you have the key on, engine off, is the check engine light on or off? Is the cooling fan running all the time with the key on?

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

the computer wasnt getting any power, the fuse for the ecm is fine, i wired the ecm directly to the fuse box and the fuel pump kicks on. i have power to the coil packs. heres the deal, when i plug the wire in to the fuse box it smokes, i disconnected the plug for the tranny harness and i dont have a hot wire problem, something must be grounding. i found a couple of skinned wires to the neutral safety switch and rewired them directly to the car harness. i am able to turn the car over with the key that way, however i still get no spark. i have yet to figure out what in the tranny harness is causing these problems. there must be a problem between the power distribution box and the ecm aswell, which was caused by the tranny harness. is the lincoln 4r70w completely compatible with the thunderbird ecm?

edit: and no the fan isnt coming on, and my obdII scanner wasnt connecting until i wired the ecm directly
edit: i repinned the harness just incase and added the number 4 power wire. the car runs now but stays in second, which means that its not getting a signal to the solenoids. i directly wired them and grounded them myself and it doesnt change gears. the electrical issue of the power wire to the ecm melting went away when i unplugged the 9 pin passenger side for the solenoids and tcc, thats what made me think to repin it and see if would work. well it does, but the dang thang is still in second. hmmpph im going to disconnect the power wire in pin 4 and see if the car will run without it, if so then maybe its not making contact with the trans side of the plug, if the car doesnt run then i guess its the working. my theory is that the trans isnt getting power through pin 4 and solenoids 1 and 2 arent getting juiced so its staying in second. any info guys?

Last edited by Rice757Eater; 06-07-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: edit again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in