T45 swap 96 lx - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

T45 swap 96 lx

ok ive decided that instead of getting a shift kit(j-mod) or high stall converter, Im just gonna go ahead and swap it all out for a t45. I know its not a direct swap but will it be worth it? Money is not an issue. Heres the goal. Full exhaust then 1.25 or 1.50 drop. Eventually top it all off with a blower. But for now il just probably get a good tune out of my ecu.

1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6 Cobra R 17x7 Wrapped with 245/45 Eibachs, Air Silencer Delete, Intake,Exhaust. Its fun and still strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96thunder4.6 View Post
ok ive decided that instead of getting a shift kit(j-mod) or high stall converter, Im just gonna go ahead and swap it all out for a t45. I know its not a direct swap but will it be worth it? Money is not an issue. Heres the goal. Full exhaust then 1.25 or 1.50 drop. Eventually top it all off with a blower. But for now il just probably get a good tune out of my ecu.
IMO its worth it, to others its not it's YOUR car not anyone elses, build it how you would like it. There are PLENTY of threads and tech articles here at your disposal. Have fun with the swap
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfk13 View Post
IMO its worth it, to others its not it's YOUR car not anyone elses, build it how you would like it. There are PLENTY of threads and tech articles here at your disposal. Have fun with the swap
What should i look for when purchasing a rebuilt t45?? Where could i find a dependable one at the most and is there someone in southern californa you or anyone could refer me to?? I feel like mu resources are too limited here

1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6 Cobra R 17x7 Wrapped with 245/45 Eibachs, Air Silencer Delete, Intake,Exhaust. Its fun and still strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I picked up my T45 on craigslist for 60 bucks, it needs syncros in 1st and 2nd, You probably wont find a t45 for that price, look on craigslist, maybe the mustang forums? Your resources are as limited as you make them if that makes sense, if you want something go get it
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

60 bills is an awsome deal haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in