I have a 99 Mustang GT and have been planning on doing the J-Mod for a while now. I want to make sure I have the steps correct in what I need to do.
~8 quarts trans fluid - MERCON V
1. Take pan off/drain fluid.
2. Take off the filter.
3. Pry off the black plastic piece on the valve body.
4. Remove the 8mm bolt holding the other metal bracket.
5. Take out all of the 8mm bolts.
6. Remove the black gasket on top. Then remove the eight 10mm bolts holding on the circle plates and clean them.
7. Remove the last 10mm bolt holding the separator plate. Then clean the plate off.
8. Drill holes #2, 4, 5, 9, and 11 to .100- .110 (7/64 drill bit).
9. Drill hole #10 to .093 (3/32 drill bit). <---Worth it?
10. Put new gasket onto the valve body.
11. Reinstall separator on top of the new gasket.
12. Place the other new gasket on top of the separator plate.
13. Reinstall the two circular plates and toque the 10mm bolts down to 90 inch lbs.
14. Remove the ring holding the 1-2 shift accumulator spring (larger yellow spring). Remove the spring and replace the plate and snap ring.
15. If the 2-3 shift accumulator spring didnt already fall out, remove it. Pop off the plate and remove the spring.
16. Put valve body back up, make all connections, put in filter, bolt up pan, fill with fluid, enjoy.
Does this sound right at all? Sorry for the novel of a first post lol.