Anyone know of a shop familiar with the J-Mod in The Sacramento Ca. area? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Unhappy Anyone know of a shop familiar with the J-Mod in The Sacramento Ca. area?

Been calling around with no luck. Prefer the foothills area, Car is down now with 2-3 shift problem, but tow truck can travel.

I've been looking for the post that outlines the 3 different stages of Mods, but can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Check the Tech articles under the transmission section. Links on the hompage.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Unhappy no luck

I've gotten cross eyed reading tranmission articles, still can't find it, got a specific link?

Also, any J-Mod savy shops in Northern California (Sacramento area) that can do the J-Mod??? There's GOT to be ONE!

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
RobertP (Link to his site in my signature) Sells ready-to-go kits with seperator plates that are pre-drilled to your specifications. Please take the time to call him and discuss. He'd be happy to answer any of your questions. 910-947-7044.

The kits also include a trans filter, springs, and the accumulators that you need to do the J-mod.

Then all you need to do is install the kit or find a shop to install it for you. I highly recommend installing it yourself. It's not that difficult. Rob or myself can talk you through it. There's also a detailed How-to article on this site.

The three stages of the J-mod are outlined on page 13 of Jerry's Thesis. I recommend the middle setting (300-450 HP).

The stages are:

Mild (< 300 HP)
Middle setting (300 - 450 HP, or Mild with Gear Change)
Highest Setting (450 - 625 HP)

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny...n/page13.shtml

See this thread for a J-mod kit on sale at a really good price:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=129907

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 06-22-2010 at 03:24 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Smile

Thanks much Trunk Monkey, I'll post my outcome asap.

Again, THANKS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in